Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: WWE problems

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: WWE problems

Sounds like the Rumble went over like a lead balloon last night.

Didn't buy it, but heard from a friend who was there that the crowd crapped all over Roman Reigns winning.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Indeed, it wasn't pretty. Daniel Bryan was eliminated early and the crowd crapped on the rest of the Rumble from that point.

Live crowds hijacking events when something doesn't involve Daniel Bryan is getting a little tiresome. Problem is there is nothing WWE can do about it short of having Bryan in every main event ever. Roman Reigns is one of the top faces in the company right now but he was treated like a despicable heal. WWE can't be happy about it.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    Indeed, it wasn't pretty. Daniel Bryan was eliminated early and the crowd crapped on the rest of the Rumble from that point.

Live crowds hijacking events when something doesn't involve Daniel Bryan is getting a little tiresome. Problem is there is nothing WWE can do about it short of having Bryan in every main event ever. Roman Reigns is one of the top faces in the company right now but he was treated like a despicable heal. WWE can't be happy about it.
    The time off really hurt Reigns' momentum. I don't think he's nearly as over as WWE management thinks he is -- he's been passed pretty clearly by Ambrose and Ziggler as a face, IMO. The risk they run now is the fanbase turning on him because they sense he's being oversold and force-fed to them.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

5. Likes:

M2 (Yesterday), Tom Servo (01-26-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    The time off really hurt Reigns' momentum. I don't think he's nearly as over as WWE management thinks he is -- he's been passed pretty clearly by Ambrose and Ziggler as a face, IMO. The risk they run now is the fanbase turning on him because they sense he's being oversold and force-fed to them.
    Reigns is lame. Poor mic skills and the spear/superman punch have been done to death.

Even The Rock couldn't get him over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

I actually like Roman, but he's clearly not ready yet for this position. But that's never stopped WWE before.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

The crazy thing is you could see this coming. He's been laying eggs for the past month and the geniuses who run the WWE booked the Rumble for Philly, the city that booed Santa Claus, the spiritual home of ECW.

Love that #CancelWWENetwork was #1 on Twitter and that fans staged an impromptu demonstration outside the Rumble after the event.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

9. Likes:

Chip R (Yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The crazy thing is you could see this coming. He's been laying eggs for the past month and the geniuses who run the WWE booked the Rumble for Philly, the city that booed Santa Claus, the spiritual home of ECW.

Love that #CancelWWENetwork was #1 on Twitter and that fans staged an impromptu demonstration outside the Rumble after the event.
    I wrote this on another board that I post on, but the Philly thing could be a blessing for Reigns' career.

If I was running creative, I'd have Reigns lead off Raw next week and just bury the crowd for booing him at the most important moment of his career. Bury the WWE Universe, bury the people who demonstrated after his win, bury the people threatening to cancel the WWE Network because he won. Then, I'd have him go ultra-heel and bury the Rock for showing up and trying to steal the spotlight at his moment of triumph.

Reigns isn't comfortable at all on the mic, and he's yet to connect with the crowd via a good catchphrase or call-response line as a face. I think going hard-heel in the build to Wrestlemania would help him tremendously and allow him to get more comfortable carrying segments and interacting with the crowd. Plus, Brock will generate natural face heat off this by being the indifferent killing machine. Heyman is a pros-pro, and he'll know how to work this so that Lesner is the de-facto face in the matchup.

I know WWE wants Reigns as a top-card face, but he's kind of in the same position as the Rock was early in his career. The crowd is in on the fact that he's being forced down their throats a little bit and they're rejecting it. A heel turn lets them do what they already want to do (boo him), and it sets up better heat on a face turn down the road.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

11. Likes:

M2 (Yesterday), Tom Servo (Yesterday)

There are several options to rescue the main event at wrestlemania. The Rock could demand that he get his rematch from his loss to cena a few wrestlemanias ago. He never got his guarenteed rematch. He could tell reins we are family but this is buisness. The other way is to have Lesnar lose the title before Wrestlemanis so someone else gets added. The third way is that Rollins uses his right as Mr Money in the bak to get added. Another way is to add Daniel Bryan to the match with the excuse he never lost his title but was injured. They used that excuse for Bad news Barrett to get his IC title back,

While the actual Rumble was awful, the triple threat match between Lesnar, Cena, and Rollins stole the show. I could definitely get behind a Rollins/Bryan feud to boost the ratings.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I feel really bad for Roman Reigns. He's a respectful guy, hard-working, and is clearly loaded with talent. He will be more than fine in the end. But the company put him in an impossible spot Sunday night. I thought he actually handled himself pretty well last night on the special edition of Raw, but a lot of that credit should go to Paul Heyman as well for knowing how to build a feud.

If WWE's smart, they should have Heyman turn on Lesnar at Mania, and pair him with Reigns. Reigns would be a monster heel, yet with Heyman by his side it would also appeal to the "smarks" in the crowd and would get him some much needed love and respect.

Most of Roman's problems aren't his own. Brock Lesnar has never been great on the mic, but WWE never asked him to be. He's just been a bad-ass killing machine. They should take the same road with Reigns, instead they have him reciting corny jokes and trying to be John Cena, when he clearly isn't.

Also, the WWE Network surpassed 1 million subscribers and stock shot up nearly 20% today, so despite Philly's reaction to the Rumble, things are looking much better for the company. Do I think Reigns is ready? Not quite. But I'm not going to kill them for it. For years people have been screaming about how there need to be more new faces, not just Cena and Orton. Now WWE is taking a shot with a young guy with good ring skills and a great look, and everyone is pissed about that. They can't win no matter what they do with some people. Reigns will be a SUPERSTAR in time. I think Sunday night will be a blessing in disguise for him when all is said and done, if the company handles the backlash well (as they normally do).

Heyman is a pros-pro, and he'll know how to work this so that Lesner is the de-facto face in the matchup.
    I'd argue Lesnar already is the de facto face in that matchup. He'd have to sharpen a puppy and stab Betty White with it in order to turn the crowd against him.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I feel really bad for Roman Reigns. He's a respectful guy, hard-working, and is clearly loaded with talent. He will be more than fine in the end. But the company put him in an impossible spot Sunday night. I thought he actually handled himself pretty well last night on the special edition of Raw, but a lot of that credit should go to Paul Heyman as well for knowing how to build a feud.

If WWE's smart, they should have Heyman turn on Lesnar at Mania, and pair him with Reigns. Reigns would be a monster heel, yet with Heyman by his side it would also appeal to the "smarks" in the crowd and would get him some much needed love and respect.

Most of Roman's problems aren't his own. Brock Lesnar has never been great on the mic, but WWE never asked him to be. He's just been a bad-ass killing machine. They should take the same road with Reigns, instead they have him reciting corny jokes and trying to be John Cena, when he clearly isn't.

Also, the WWE Network surpassed 1 million subscribers and stock shot up nearly 20% today, so despite Philly's reaction to the Rumble, things are looking much better for the company. Do I think Reigns is ready? Not quite. But I'm not going to kill them for it. For years people have been screaming about how there need to be more new faces, not just Cena and Orton. Now WWE is taking a shot with a young guy with good ring skills and a great look, and everyone is pissed about that. They can't win no matter what they do with some people. Reigns will be a SUPERSTAR in time. I think Sunday night will be a blessing in disguise for him when all is said and done, if the company handles the backlash well (as they normally do).
    I do too. WWE is giving the fans what they wanted last year (new stars) and they're complaining because their "every man" can't win. Look at the position the company has put the Shield trio, look at Wyatt, Daniel Bryan should NOT have been on tv UNTIL Sunday Night when his music hit. He JUST came back from multiple surgeries. He may not be in truly 100% shape yet. You can't correct a wrong already done. Thats the same crap they just boo'd Batista for LAST YEAR.

The problem is WWE tried to force this ending. Big Show and Kane at this point have NO business anywhere in that point of the match. If they're going to boo at least setup a moment where 5-10 years down the road you look back and look at this rumble like people look at Evolution. Have 4 of the "future" there staring it out. Wyatt, Reigns, Ambrose, and one Barrett, Rusev, or Ryback. At least that way when people grow up (if that's possible) they might realize hey WWE showed us something on this night.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

The fans may not have liked this ending but they are engaged. At least it's not another boring Cena or Orton title reign.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The fans may not have liked this ending but they are engaged. At least it's not another boring Cena or Orton title reign.
    That is what I really expected/feared WWE to do if they didn't go with Reigns. You know he's gotta be back soon and there is story there for an immediate feud with Rollins.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Turn Off Ads?