Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE problems

Re: WWE problems

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Well it appears Lesnar and Mcmahon had a blow-up at last week's Raw that resulted in Brock leaving the arena despite being advertised for the show. It was supposedly over a contractual dispute for the new deal they're trying to negotiate. Some in the company actually are concerned Brock will not fulfill the rest of his contract and will leave them high and dry at Mania.

I can't see him being that stupid, but it's a shame WWE has spent so much time building this idiot up, when they know he's simply a mercenary just looking for the biggest check. He doesn't care about the history of the business, or anything other than himself. The fact that this dude is the one that broke Taker's streak is kind of revolting.
    That was the exact complaint that cena used. He kept telling the authority that Brock was a hired gun. That he would show up whereever the most money was. Lesnar has been a failure as the champion.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

With all the digs at the IWC this week, I wouldn't be surprised if this is all some orchestrated work to try and swerve everyone who blindly assumes Reigns will win the title b/c Brock is leaving.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Can we just have a 3 hour Raw consisting of a Paul Heyman promo?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

5. Likes:

dougdirt (03-06-2015),Tom Servo (03-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    On promos alone, this was the best RAW they've had in months.

I think WWE almost has to put Heyman with Reigns after WrestleMania, next Cena plans be damned. Nobody does as good a job as Heyman does in getting Roman over as a top guy, and that includes Daniel Bryan and their great match at Fastlane.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I think WWE almost has to put Heyman with Reigns after WrestleMania, next Cena plans be damned. Nobody does as good a job as Heyman does in getting Roman over as a top guy, and that includes Daniel Bryan and their great match at Fastlane.
    I'm with you. Heyman + Reigns makes sense. If Reigns wins at WrestleMania, it will be greeted with a deluge of boos. He'll have a target on his back at every TV taping and house show across the country. Regardless of whether the WWE plans for him to be a heel, he'll be a heel. Might as well make lemonade with those lemons.

Also, if Reigns win (WM crowd hates hit) and then Rollins cashes in (WM crowd goes wild), then you have a potential Bret-Austin double turn.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'm with you. Heyman + Reigns makes sense. If Reigns wins at WrestleMania, it will be greeted with a deluge of boos. He'll have a target on his back at every TV taping and house show across the country. Regardless of whether the WWE plans for him to be a heel, he'll be a heel. Might as well make lemonade with those lemons.

Also, if Reigns win (WM crowd hates hit) and then Rollins cashes in (WM crowd goes wild), then you have a potential Bret-Austin double turn.
    They could spin that double turn to perfection. Have Rollins cash in, but have The Authority turn on Seth and prevent him from being successful while Reigns walks away world champ AND Triple H's new golden boy. It would be the ultimate swerve. Highly unlikely this is even considered, but I think it would be money.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I'd actually watch wrestling for the first time in 15 years if this happened.

11. Likes:

Slyder (03-07-2015)

In a move I find kind of surprising, Brock Lesnar announced on tonight's Sportscenter that he has re-signed with the WWE and his MMA career is over. This opens up ALL KINDS of possibilities for the main event at WrestleMania.

Also, I think it shows how crappy the build has been for several of these matches by how dead this thread is 5 days before Mania. Raw has been very yawn-inducing for a while now. Good for the company for re-inking Lesnar, however. Couldn't afford to lose him and Punk to UFC in the same year.

13. Likes:

M2 (03-24-2015),Tom Servo (03-25-2015)

Also, I think it shows how crappy the build has been for several of these matches by how dead this thread is 5 days before Mania.
    It's scary to me how they are now screwing up even the most basic things they used to be able to nail effortlessly. They botched Orton's return to the point where his big beatdown of Rollins was dull and heatless, and now they threw out an episode of RAW that outside of the Sting appearance was complete throwaway junk you would see on any episode of RAW.

Still looking forward to Mania though, just because it's Mania, and the RAW's the night after have been really entertaining since 2012 so hopefully that trend continues.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

In a move I find kind of surprising, Brock Lesnar announced on tonight's Sportscenter that he has re-signed with the WWE and his MMA career is over. This opens up ALL KINDS of possibilities for the main event at WrestleMania.
    I still think Rollins MUST cash in at Mania to become the new Edge and the "one who beat the one in 22-1 (assuming Taker dispatches Bray)."
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I still think Rollins MUST cash in at Mania to become the new Edge and the "one who beat the one in 22-1 (assuming Taker dispatches Bray)."
    I agree -- and, frankly, it's the best way to get the belt off Brock (temporarily) that doesn't involve any devaluation of his "unstoppable monster" gimmick.

They've botched this Reigns push up so badly that there's no possible way they can book him to win without the crowd completely crapping over the finish. And they certainly can't have Rollins cash-in and win the belt off Reigns post-match, because Rollins will definitely generate face heat off it that they don't want.

If they want to salvage Reigns, they either need to turn him heel post-Mania or put him in the Cena/Austin role with the Authority as his antagonist and hope that he can start generating some face heat off that.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 03-25-2015 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I agree -- and, frankly, it's the best way to get the belt off Brock (temporarily) that doesn't involve any devaluation of his "unstoppable monster" gimmick.

They've botched this Reigns push up so badly that there's no possible way they can book him to win without the crowd completely crapping over the finish. And they certainly can't have Rollins cash-in and win the belt off Reigns post-match, because Rollins will definitely generate face heat off it that they don't want.

If they want to salvage Reigns, they either need to turn him heel post-Mania or put him in the Cena/Austin role with the Authority as his antagonist and hope that he can start generating some face heat off that.
    Everything from Reigns' return on has been so badly screwed up.
    Daniel Bryan has been an afterthought but had to really rush him back... for this? I still think he should have been a surprise return AT Rumble, I don't think you have half the problems post Rumble with him being a surprise return.
    Is there really anything about this Mania that feels like it deserves to be on a Mania?

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

Post Mania= Rollins vs Orton
    Others between Mania and Rumble= Top Tier: Reigns, Ambrose, Cena, DB, Second Tier: Ziggler, Barrett (as a face), Ryback
    Next Years Rumble= Rollins vs Brock

Yes I would have Rollins carry the belt at least to Rumble.
    Last edited by Slyder; 03-25-2015 at 10:04 PM.

William Arthur Ward

Everything from Reigns' return on has been so badly screwed up.
    Daniel Bryan has been an afterthought but had to really rush him back... for this? I still think he should have been a surprise return AT Rumble, I don't think you have half the problems post Rumble with him being a surprise return.
    Is there really anything about this Mania that feels like it deserves to be on a Mania?
    I think Orton / Rollins could be a doozy. Sting / HHH has the fantasy-booking appeal of seeing two great in-ring guys matched up for a one-off event. I also think that the IC ladder match could be a lot of fun.

But, otherwise? Eh.

I think Rusev / Cena could be entertaining, but only if they don't go all SuperCena with the finish. The Battle Royale idea bores me to tears, and I just don't care about anything going on in the Divas division right now.

As it stands, I doubt I'll be paying for WM this year. The card just doesn't seem like it's worth it.

Turn Off Ads?