Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dan Corcino question circa 2014

Dan Corcino question circa 2014

Hard to envision a scenario where, with his struggles, he finds a way into the big league rotation at any point, especially considering the other arms coming in the organization who have clearly surpassed him as prospects. That said, why not send his stuff to the pen in Pensacola and see if he can convert to a live arm and very useful reliever? The big league club needs depth in the pen, and maybe he could be of help down the road.

And, as a bonus, would clear a spot for Lively in AA, so his stuff can be tested at the next level.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dan Corcino question circa 2014

I agree whole heartedly.

Make that 3 of us.
    No - I am not from State Farm!

Yes
    Go BLUE!!!

Despite insiders claiming that his stuff is still good, his K rate has declined precipitously over the last three years while his BB rate has been climbing. K/BB has gone from 4.59 in 2011 to 1 this year. Until the cause of that decline is resolved, I question if a move to the pen would be a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Despite insiders claiming that his stuff is still good, his K rate has declined precipitously over the last three years while his BB rate has been climbing. K/BB has gone from 4.59 in 2011 to 1 this year. Until the cause of that decline is resolved, I question if a move to the pen would be a solution.
    Well, my theory would be that a move to the pen might allow him to focus his stuff and go max effort and what not for the short stints. I have no idea why the rates are doing what they are doing, but I pretty comfortable in my view that starting doesn't seem to be helping him. So, as opposed to cutting him, or continuing to run him out there to be pretty bad at starter, what would trying him as a reliever hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    His stuff wasn't really good last year. In fact, it was pretty iffy. He went through entire games barely touching 90 MPH. This year he has been sitting higher than 90 MPH and touching quite a bit higher with his fastball. His control is generally a mess. That is the largest part of the problem. He can't throw strikes. It's hard to strike guys out when you can't throw strikes.

9. Likes:

Old school 1983 (05-20-2014)

Turn Off Ads?