Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
Results 331 to 345 of 345

Thread: 5/29/14 Reds @ Arizona Larussas @ 9:40pm

  1. #331
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,346

    Re: 5/29/14 Reds @ Arizona Larussas @ 9:40pm

    So Price's solution is more playing time for Ramon Santiago? What an innovator.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #332
    Member kbrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,306

    Re: 5/29/14 Reds @ Arizona Larussas @ 9:40pm

    This is anything but the same team as last season. Everyone complained about the offense last year when they had two great bats (Choo and Votto). For the last two weeks they haven't had either one of those bats and the results show that. This isn't the Cleveland Browns unless something crazy happens Price isn't getting fired after one year.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    So Price's solution is more playing time for Ramon Santiago? What an innovator.
    What great move would you like to see him make?

  4. #333
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,890

    Re: 5/29/14 Reds @ Arizona Larussas @ 9:40pm

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Just food for thought--if you look at our outfield players, Luddy is not our worst problem.

    Ludwick - .241 -.310 - .651
    Hamilton- .247 - .287 - .627
    Bruce. - .192 - .311 - .631
    Heisey. - .240 - .298 - .654
    Shu. - .232 - .295 - .634

    Uh...not good. Is Lutz the savior? I think not, but we're about to find out.
    Luddy and Skip have no range to make it even worse

  5. #334
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,325

    Re: 5/29/14 Reds @ Arizona Larussas @ 9:40pm

    Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    What great move would you like to see him make?
    LF: Lutz
    CF: Heisey
    RF: Bernadina
    3B: Soto
    SS: Santiago
    2B: Schumaker
    1B: Pena
    C: Barnhart

    3 straight games. Sit 'em ALL.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

  6. #335
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,346

    Re: 5/29/14 Reds @ Arizona Larussas @ 9:40pm

    Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    This is anything but the same team as last season. Everyone complained about the offense last year when they had two great bats (Choo and Votto). For the last two weeks they haven't had either one of those bats and the results show that. This isn't the Cleveland Browns unless something crazy happens Price isn't getting fired after one year.

    - - - Updated - - -



    What great move would you like to see him make?
    Sit Ludwick, play Lutz. Tell the FO to do something about the crap puddle on offense. Get rid of Santiago's worthless tail and call up Nelson or Gotay or someone else conversant with hitting the ball. Bat Hamilton eighth where he belongs. Figure out the baserunning. Use platoon splits. Try and make a poop cake out of this poop.

    Oh, and never pitch Hoover, Ondrusek, or Parra in a close game again. Leverage Chapman and Broxton for multiple innings if possible in games you hit well enough to win, since it happens about twice a week.

    He can't do much, but his bunt-craziness, Hoover fetish, and braindead baserunning philosophy cost the team numerous games early on, and maybe they'd have a small margin for error now if those issues had been addressed.
    Last edited by dsmith421; 05-30-2014 at 09:58 AM.

  7. Likes:

    Kingspoint (05-30-2014)

  8. #336
    Member kbrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,306

    Re: 5/29/14 Reds @ Arizona Larussas @ 9:40pm

    Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Sit Ludwick, play Lutz. Tell the FO to do something about the crap puddle on offense. Get rid of Santiago's worthless tail and call up Nelson or Gotay or someone else conversant with hitting the ball. Bat Hamilton eighth where he belongs. Figure out the baserunning. Use platoon splits. Try and make a poop cake out of this poop.

    Oh, and never pitch Hoover, Ondrusek, or Parra in a close game again. Leverage Chapman and Broxton for multiple innings if possible in games you hit well enough to win, since it happens about twice a week.

    He can't do much, but his bunt-craziness, Hoover fetish, and braindead baserunning philosophy cost the team numerous games early on, and maybe they'd have a small margin for error now if those issues had been addressed.
    I fully agree with you on the playing Lutz over Ludwick. That should have started already. As far as getting rid of players and calling up players that isn't for him to decide. And I don't think it is his job to tell the front office what to do. I don't think batting Hamilton 8th fixes anything. And the SP is so good even with a terrible offense every game is normally a close game. He can't throw Chapman, Broxton, LeCure every single night. Hoover is turning it around. Price has to use him at times.

  9. #337
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Posts
    5,987

    Re: 5/29/14 Reds @ Arizona Larussas @ 9:40pm

    Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    I fully agree with you on the playing Lutz over Ludwick. That should have started already. As far as getting rid of players and calling up players that isn't for him to decide. And I don't think it is his job to tell the front office what to do. I don't think batting Hamilton 8th fixes anything. And the SP is so good even with a terrible offense every game is normally a close game. He can't throw Chapman, Broxton, LeCure every single night. Hoover is turning it around. Price has to use him at times.
    I think a manager could HEAVILY AND PROFUSELY suggest to the FO to find better options than Santiago and Roger. Even if the backup SS has to be less defensively inclined..... this team was able to handle Rich Aurellia at SS. His defense was not the reason that pitching was so bad.
    The manager has to have some say....he is looking at these guys and while the effort might be there ....no production from fringe players like the 2 mentioned and now Ludwick..... means the manager should tell Walt... Look, there has to be a few players at AAA (And I believe there are) who can do better than this.

  10. Likes:

    powersackers (05-30-2014)

  11. #338
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,372

    Re: 5/29/14 Reds @ Arizona Larussas @ 9:40pm

    Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    LF: Lutz
    CF: Heisey
    RF: Bernadina
    3B: Soto
    SS: Santiago
    2B: Schumaker
    1B: Pena
    C: Barnhart

    3 straight games. Sit 'em ALL.
    Not sure if serious....
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  12. #339
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,890

    Re: 5/29/14 Reds @ Arizona Larussas @ 9:40pm

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Not sure if serious....
    There is no way it could be worse

  13. #340
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,890

    Re: 5/29/14 Reds @ Arizona Larussas @ 9:40pm

    Heisey 7 for last 21 with 5 doubles

  14. #341
    Member '69 & Vine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Westwood
    Posts
    112

    Re: 5/29/14 Reds @ Arizona Larussas @ 9:40pm

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Heisey 7 for last 21 with 5 doubles
    Those numbers are good, and why he should platoon in left with Lutz.

    He still looks god-awful in half of his ABs.

  15. #342
    Member CrackerJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    5,002

    Re: 5/29/14 Reds @ Arizona Larussas @ 9:40pm

    When Lutz, Santiago and Heisey are your pressing concerns - you know your team is either really bad or just plain boring to watch.

  16. #343
    Member Ironman92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,890

    Re: 5/29/14 Reds @ Arizona Larussas @ 9:40pm

    Of late....

    Luddy 7/44 1 XBH
    Bruce 2/23 11 K
    BHam 5/31 2 doubles
    Skip 5/23 2 doubles


    The next 3 games my lineup would be

    1. BHam CF
    2. Pena 1B
    3. Mesoraco C
    4. BP 2nd
    5. Frazier 3B
    6. Lutz LF
    7. Heisey RF
    8. Santiago SS

    Let Cozy, Bruce and Luddy be bench players the rest of the series

  17. #344
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,346

    Re: 5/29/14 Reds @ Arizona Larussas @ 9:40pm

    How about getting rid of Santiago and doing something to acquire an infielder that can hit?

    This obsession with defense has run its course. You have to score to win.

  18. #345
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,325

    Re: 5/29/14 Reds @ Arizona Larussas @ 9:40pm

    Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Not sure if serious....
    I am somewhat. It won't/can't be done. But I'd love there to be some way to drive home the point that nobody's job is safe. You want to start...perform.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 05-30-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25