Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brady Bunch Actress Passes Away

Brady Bunch Actress Passes Away

Ann B. Davis who played the housekeeper on The Brady Bunch died at age 88 from a fall in her home. She also won an emmy for playing a secretary named Schultzy on the Bob Cummings Show way back in the 50's. She was really a fine actress who could play that type of role very well.

http://wtop.com/541/3633562/Brady-Bu...-dies-in-Texas
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brady Bunch Actress Passes Away

Porkchops and applesauce.

She finally has the chance to continue that romance with Allan Melvin.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-03-2014)

Showing my age - I actually remember her as the feisty secretary on the Bob Cummings Show.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

7. Likes:

Dom Heffner (06-04-2014)

- - - Updated - - -

GAC, was that a TV or radio program?
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

9. Likes:

Chip R (06-06-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Showing my age - I actually remember her as the feisty secretary on the Bob Cummings Show.
    Here's the Wiki page on this show. I think I watched a couple of times in reruns. But not much. Its so old that the copyrights have lapse into public domain. Says also that it was the first mid season replacement show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bob_Cummings_Show
    Reds Fan Since 1971

"Schultzy"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ID0p_zOJco

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Here's the Wiki page on this show. I think I watched a couple of times in reruns. But not much. Its so old that the copyrights have lapse into public domain. Says also that it was the first mid season replacement show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bob_Cummings_Show
    I actually remember it more titled "Love That Bob", and as far as I can remember - Ann B Davis made that show. Paul Henning had other shows that went on to be more popular, such as Andy Griffith, Petticoat Junction, and Green Acres (recently bought DVDs of both PJ and GA in a discount bin a couple months ago).
    Last edited by GAC; 06-05-2014 at 04:30 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

GAC, was that a TV or radio program?
    Don't knock radio youngster. Thanks to exposure by my Dad, I love many of those old radio shows (that he grew up on). And many of the TV greats started out on radio first. While we listened to many, my Dad's favorites were Lum and Abner. I loved the Bickersons (Don Ameche and Frances Langford). Simply hilarious! And there was something special, as a child, about listening to some of the scarier (suspense) shows, like Inner Sanctum, at night while laying in a dark bedroom. I guess it left more to the imagination. There was a lot of great programming on radio back then that is far superior to some of the trash that's on TV nowadays.

I couldn't tell you, as far as sitcoms/shows, what's on prime time TV anymore because I don't watch it.
    Last edited by GAC; 06-05-2014 at 04:19 AM.

14. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-05-2014),KittyDuran (06-05-2014),redhawkfish (06-05-2014)

Paul Henning had other shows that went on to be more popular, such as Andy Griffith, Petticoat Junction, and Green Acres (recently bought DVDs of both PJ and GA in a discount bin a couple months ago).
    How did those work out for you? I bought a few episodes of the Andy Griffith Show from a library sale cheap and I went to play them, the iconic theme song was totally different and the words and sound were way, way off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    How did those work out for you? I bought a few episodes of the Andy Griffith Show from a library sale cheap and I went to play them, the iconic theme song was totally different and the words and sound were way, way off.

I bought the first 3 or 4 seasons of Andy Griffith from Amazon pretty cheap a couple of years. I think they put them on sale for a short time right after Andy died. All of mine were OK.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I bought the first 3 or 4 seasons of Andy Griffith from Amazon pretty cheap a couple of years. I think they put them on sale for a short time right after Andy died. All of mine were OK.
    Mine was from some weird company. It was only 4 episodes and cost me maybe $3 but the quality was awful.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Watched on a hand-crank television.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Watched on a hand-crank television.
    My guess it was a Dumont.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?