Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Help with traveling info please, thanks in advance!

Help with traveling info please, thanks in advance!

I am traveling from NC to Peoria, IL later this week to go to my daughter's SAE Baja event. Google Maps and Mapquest are telling me to go on Kentucky HWY 9 (AKA the 'AA' HWY) from Grayson KY to I-275 to I-471 to US 50 to I-71 to I-74 going right through downtown CIN. I am not familiar with this route and will be doing this portion of the trip probably in the late morning rush hour on Thursday morning. Is this a bad idea?

Normally I go to southern IL so I stay on I-64 but going to Peoria asks me to take a more northern route that I am unfamiliar with. Please help me so that I don't end up with bad ideas of aggressive driving or worse. Thanks in advance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Help with traveling info please, thanks in advance!

Another option is to take US 35 out of Charleston, WV & go up to Dayton to I-70 & keep getting it into IL. Is this a better option even though I would love to see the CIN skyline this may not be the time to do it.

Thanks again in advance for help.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by NCCardfan View Post
    Another option is to take US 35 out of Charleston, WV & go up to Dayton to I-70 & keep getting it into IL. Is this a better option even though I would love to see the CIN skyline this may not be the time to do it.

Thanks again in advance for help.
    On a weekday I'd take 35, or skip 471/75 and just take 275 all the way around to 74. The southwest leg of 275 isn't very busy once you get past 75.

If you do go through Dayton don't take 75 up to 70. Lots of construction downtown. Take 35 to 49 north to 70. Honestly I think just staying on 275 straight to 74 may be the best idea, and the AA Highway is a fairly scenic route from Maysville to Cincinnati.
    Last edited by gilpdawg; 06-02-2014 at 10:29 PM.
    numbersinthereds.blogspot.com I actually made a post on 7/14/14. I promise.

Thanks for helping me out gilpdawg, much appreciated.

I'm thinking the US 35 route will work for me, still need to catch a Cards/Reds game at GABP sometime.

If anyone else has any local info, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Almost any directions request makes me think of this:

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Almost any directions request makes me think of this:

Thanks for the chuckle. That movie was a classic!

Still think US 35 is the best option the more I think about it - just hope it's not some 2 lane 30MPH Ma & Pa Kettle back road.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by NCCardfan View Post

Thanks for the chuckle. That movie was a classic!

Still think US 35 is the best option the more I think about it - just hope it's not some 2 lane 30MPH Ma & Pa Kettle back road.
    It's as good as any interstate. If you follow gilp's suggestion, you'll hit a few stop lights on the west side of dayton but he's right, 75 in downtown dayton is a mess but it's been a couple months since I was up there.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Stat geek...and proud

35 is four lane divided from the Ohio line (actually a little bit into WV I think) all the way to the west side of Dayton. When 35 intersects with 49 35 turns left. Don't turn left. That's a two lane road all the way to Richmond, IN, with several small towns to slow you down. Stay on 49 North and it will take you straight to 70.
    numbersinthereds.blogspot.com I actually made a post on 7/14/14. I promise.

AWESOME, thanks a lot.

I'm planning on leaving NC (Winston Salem) at 2AM so most of this will be in the dark or as the sun is rising. Avoiding construction delays is priority #1 so thanks again for helping me to avoid some of it.

That's a hell of a drive, sir. Did DeKalb to Chapel Hill when I moved out here last year and once was quite enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    That's a hell of a drive, sir. Did DeKalb to Chapel Hill when I moved out here last year and once was quite enough for me.
    I've driven to my hometown in Taylorville, IL quite a few times but usually stay on I-64 going across or take I-40 to Nashville, TN & go up. Never done the I-70 thing before.

It's for my daughter, she graduated from NC A&T with a mechanical engineering degree & this is her senior design project:

www.bajasae.org

so the wife and I are going to see an event. We should've flown out to El Paso in April but circumstances wouldn't allow it at that time...

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Sorry to hear you went to Chapel Hell GO DEACS!!!

Turn Off Ads?