Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: 6/4/14 - Reds vs. Gigantes

Re: 6/4/14 - Reds vs. Gigantes

Quote Originally Posted by miamiredskin View Post
    nope.
    Yes it did. I was there. I was 8. It was even written about in the the Reds BRM books. Vucko threw a fit in the dugout. The team, could not score runs at all for the first 2 months of the season that year.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Price didn't address much because the questions asked were answered in the question. "Cingrani lost it so quickly you didn't have time to get anyone ready, right?" Clearly a softball. Once where the rookie manager can say, "that's right," and all is well. It's almost like Day and Pic are protecting everyone from that evil press.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Yep. Second game of the season. Reds had bases loaded, one out, and Sparky had zero faith in Vucovich. He never liked that Howsam acquired him, thought Vucovich was the worst hitter he had ever seen.

This did lead to Sparky asking Rose to play 3B in order to make room for Foster in LF.
    It was actually in LA during the middle of April. The 1st 3 games were in Cincy. Sparky thought they could get by with just defense at 3B.

I was at that game......I remember them as i was surrounded by Dodger fans while the Reds got swept in that series and it looked like 1974 again.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Price didn't address much because the questions asked were answered in the question. "Cingrani lost it so quickly you didn't have time to get anyone ready, right?" Clearly a softball. Once where the rookie manager can say, "that's right," and all is well. It's almost like Day and Pic are protecting everyone from that evil press.

I have no real issues with the handling of Cingrani. I think it is reaching a point though that you almost have to have someone warming up by the 6th.

I want answers as to how he thinks Cozart should be hitting at all.

Turn Off Ads?