Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 6/5/2014 Reds vs Giants DAY GAME

Re: 6/5/2014 Reds vs Giants DAY GAME

Reds get the call! Good omen for the game.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

It's the Jocketty MO. Very reluctant to make changes. Like he values the known over the unknown, or hates the idea of changing the clubhouse chemistry.

He likes to stick with players all the way down....through the career death spirals. Casual fans like some of us aren't always as emotionally connected.
    Last edited by malcontent; 06-05-2014 at 01:23 PM.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I was one of them, but I ain't gonna complain about it all day.
    I probably did too. The Nationals were the ones crazy enough to let him get away. Their offense has not been the same since they sent him away.

- - - Updated - - -

The call reversal ended the inning. Giants lead the Reds 2-1 in the third.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It was a 2 year extension for a guy coming off of a really good season. You are wringing your hands over 1 additional season. Take a step back and think about it for a moment. There is no way Walt could have foreseen a massive shoulder injury on the first day of the season.
    Plus if the Reds let Ludwick walk after 2012 and he goes to Philly or Minny or something, doesn't tear up his shoulder in Cincy, and hits 20+ bombs while the Reds trade for Mike Morse who gets hurt or give the job to Heisey who plays like his normal self, the same people would call Jocketty an absolute idiot for not resigning our second best hitter of 2012.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

6. Likes:

kbrake (06-05-2014)

Plus if the Reds let Ludwick walk after 2012 and he goes to Philly or Minny or something, doesn't tear up his shoulder in Cincy, and hits 20+ bombs while the Reds trade for Mike Morse who gets hurt or give the job to Heisey who plays like his normal self, the same people would call Jocketty an absolute idiot for not resigning our second best hitter of 2012.
    Exactly. Hindsight is 20/20
    I may not be fast, but I sure am slow.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

And he would have been......

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Exactly. Hindsight is 20/20
    Plenty of people had concerns with extending Ryan Ludwick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    And he would have been......
    Nobody is more shtick and predictable than you. Pot meet kettle.

Meanwhile a game is going on.....Giants lead the Reds 2-1 after three.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Sorry for detailing game thread. Go Reds

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I don't think so. Ludwick had the age thing going, plus the fact he had sucked for the previous two years.

I personally didn't expect him to fall so flat this year, but there it is.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I don't think so. Ludwick had the age thing going, plus the fact he had sucked for the previous two years.

I personally didn't expect him to fall so flat this year, but there it is.
    FWIW, Ludwick is off to a better start in 2014 that he was in 2012.

15 feet from that bomb

Ugh. If you are going to get beat, can it at least be by Pence/Morse/Posey and not Juan Perez and Brandon Crawford?
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

this game is ovuh
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

This game is about over. When Leake starts to give up the long ball, it's goodnight. He needs to keep the ball on the ground. Probably to be expected, he was pitching incredibly well, due for this.

Reds have Hamels tomorrow, he's very tough on them. Then two Phils righties who Reds might get to.

Then LA for four games, Dodgers haven't played that well, I could see Reds winning some of those.

Not sure I see the big winning streak coming up to close the deficit. Not in the near term. But you never know.

Turn Off Ads?