Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cozart's Swing

Re: Cozart's Swing

He is struggling. And seems to be trying anything.

2. Turn Off Ads?

While I'll admit some swings are "prettier" than others, I'm mostly of the whatever works school. Frazier has taken his share of criticism for his swing over the years (see the Law/Frazier thread on the ORG), but for some reason it seems to have quieted down this year when he just happens to be the best hitting 3B in baseball so far.

Back to Cozart. Let's see how he finishes out the year and re-evaluate things then. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this season ends up similar to last year with an awful start following by a fairly solid 2nd half+ to create a pretty decent year overall by shortstop standards. Looking at his career hitting splits shows that March/April, May and July are his worst, while August, June and Sept/Oct are his best. One thing that would really help out would be if his power returns.
    Last edited by Redeyecat; 06-17-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scotly50 View Post
    He is struggling. And seems to be trying anything.
    He seems to be trying to do the same thing over and over to me.

It would behoove him if he was introduced to RF and tried going the other way more....as it would Heisey....and even Mez and Todd when they get into slumps.

They are all very pull conscious. No hitting up the middle or going to RF much at all.

going into July 1 he is hitting 250 over the last 27 games with an OBP of .301. 14 runs, 1 hr 9 rbi 6 walks and 17 SO. What are boarders expectations for a strong defensive SS?

Waite, I agree with you and the numbers you posted are pretty fair by today's SS standards. It seems when a guy gets off to bad start everyone wants to dump him immediately. Cozart is not even a black hole by #8 hitter standards. I think he could be upgraded but the cost would be enormous. Anyone with a SS who has equivalent defense and is actually a better hitter either won't give them up or would expect a huge haul in return. As for his swing the biggest thing I see is that he still gets hooked on that low outside pitch. Yakkers especially, but even a fb off that outer low corner seems to be irresistible to him.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Turn Off Ads?