Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thursday, June 5, 2014:Minor League Updates

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Re: Thursday, June 5, 2014:Minor League Updates

Perfect inning for Marmol. 2 Ks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Pensacola scores another run. Silverio doubles, Juan Duran infield singles and Ray Chang lofts a sac fly. 7-0 Wahoos.

Corcino has the Biscuits of Montgomery on the schneid through five.

Question: If Mark Cuban bought Pensacola, would he rename the team the Yahoo Wahoos?
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-05-2014 at 09:47 PM.

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-06-2014)

Corcino now with 5 innings scoreless. 3K's 1H. IMHO, a turnaround here is a big developing story.

6. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-05-2014)

In the regularly-scheduled game, Dayton holds a 2-0 lead through three.

It's early, but Amir Garrett isn't doing anything special through the first three innings. Wink. Wink. He also has a nine-inning scoreless streak working over his last two starts.

Avain Rachal has walked and doubled. His double preceded Brandon Dailey's yak. Dailey also has a single.

Steve Selsky (.314) has his second hit on the night. It was followed up by a two-run tater off the bat of Moose Mattair. 9-0 Blue Fish.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I am very happy with Corcino's start.

6 IP 5 H 1 ER 1 R 1 BB 5 K. Brings his ERA down to 3.13.

We may need to take that fork out of Corcino...

10. Likes:

HokieRed (06-05-2014),Tom Servo (06-05-2014)

Jumbo Diaz slams the door and Louisville hangs on 10-9, edging over .500 at 31-30.

12. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-05-2014)

Daniel Corcino has a lower ERA than Robert Stephenson.

Juan Silverio has homered. Juan Duran has homered his last two trips to the dish. Pensacola is crushing the Biscuits 13 - 5.

Juan Duran is 4-4. Two singles, a walk and two bombs. He has scored four runs and driven in three.

Amir Garrett had a no-hitter through five innings, before crashing and burning by giving up five straight two-out hits in the sixth. Amir walked one and struck out seven. He was one out away from a very nice outing.

Dayton was up 7-0 before Garrett ran out of steam. It is now 7-4 in the seventh.

This is why I love Dominican Summer League baseball.

The box score showed that Carlos Rodriguez of the DSL Orioles was thrown out twice at home. This was hard to believe, and so I checked the game recap. This is what I found:

Carlos Rodriguez triples (1) on a fly ball to right fielder Carlos Mateo. Carlos Rodriguez out at home, right fielder Carlos Mateo to left fielder Michael Beltre to catcher Maikel Lopez.
    You will never ever see this line again in your life. 9-7-2. How does that even happen? RFer to LFer to catcher.

17. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-05-2014),mace (06-05-2014),SirFelixCat (06-06-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    This is why I love Dominican Summer League baseball.

The box score showed that Carlos Rodriguez of the DSL Orioles was thrown out twice at home. This was hard to believe, and so I checked the game recap. This is what I found:

You will never ever see this line again in your life. 9-7-2. How does that even happen? RFer to LFer to catcher.
    My guess is overthrow at 3rd, LF doing what he should be doing, backing up, throws runner out at home.

Turn Off Ads?