Turn Off Ads?

Thread: World Cup 2014

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

World Cup 2014

It's time this got its own thread. The USMNT is picked and it's just about done marching to Brazil. Next week, Brazil happens.

I'm going to the Portugal-Mexico warmup match tonight (because of course they're playing in Foxboro, MA). No Ronaldo, who's nursing a knee injury. My daughter is crushed. She's hoping he'll at least be on the sidelines and stroll around shirtless.

Wild prediction time: the travel, heat and humidity is going to wear down a lot of the European powerhouses. Some are going to hit a wall at the end of the group stage, some will hit it early in the knockout stage. The U.S. team will benefit from many of its players not having gone through a brutal European season and from players used to travel and heat/humidity. What I'm saying is the U.S. is going to beat Germany. Haven't decided if that means it's going to take the group, mainly because Ghana will be another team positioned to get stronger as the competition continues.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Hoosier Red (06-06-2014),paintmered (06-07-2014),reds1869 (06-06-2014),thatcoolguy_22 (06-11-2014)

Turn Off Ads?