Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/7/2014 Reds v. Phillies

6/7/2014 Reds v. Phillies

Has anyone filled a missing persons report on Lutz?

2. Likes:

Red Raindog (06-07-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6/7/2014 Reds v. Phillies

Can anyone explain Bruce batting clean up while our best offensive player bats 6th?

Price from last night's game recap.

"We've had our team meeting, we've had our dugout chat, we've had that stuff, what I think we need to do is to go out there and play better baseball," Price said. "I realistically feel if you have to go out there and constantly motivate the players to play the game well, you've got the wrong players. I don't feel like we do. I feel like we have good players, I have not lost confidence in the dynamics of our lineup or our ability to do things. We definitely stronger performances and we need some guys to step up and perform to their level, if not we're going to be playing really low-scoring games or in this case, when games get away from us, not have the ability to fight back."
    He said the PC stuff after the portion I bolded, but sounds like Price has had enough with some of these guys.

Yay more of the dynamic due of cozart and Santiago.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

7. Likes:

Red Raindog (06-07-2014)

I don't think the Reds have any leaders on this team. It needs to be an everyday player and not someone like Schumaker. Price is doing the right thing by showing he still has confidence in this team but if they continue to struggle then you could see some major changes in the off season.

I think they'll beat Fausto

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Can anyone explain Bruce batting clean up while our best offensive player bats 6th?
    I'd like to know the same.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Mez has cooled off. Last 7 games he's hitting .125
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Mez has cooled off. Last 7 games he's hitting .125
    Yeah....but also several line drive outs and deep just misses. He doesn't look lost, off or overwhelmed....Bruce and others do a lot

13. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-07-2014)

Shelby Miller is no-hitting the Blue Jays thru 5.....he'll easily finish it off.

Ha ha

Against a righty Price cannot take Bruce out of the clean up spot. Until Votto comes back, then he can do so to "break up the lefties" if Votto hits third. But now, he can't.

It would be a huge vote of non-confidence to take Bruce out of the clean up spot against a righty. Bruce is coming back from injury, he hasn't done well, but there are some things you just don't do.

What I don't favor today is playing Santiago at third and Frazier at first.

If you want Santiago to get a couple of games, rest Cozart.

If you want to rest Pena at first base, play Lutz against a righty. Play him at first.

Frazier at first, Santiago at third hasn't looked good defensively, no reason to keep pushing that button IMO.

17. Likes:

757690 (06-07-2014),Old school 1983 (06-07-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Against a righty Price cannot take Bruce out of the clean up spot. Until Votto comes back, then he can do so to "break up the lefties" if Votto hits third. But now, he can't.

It would be a huge vote of non-confidence to take Bruce out of the clean up spot against a righty. Bruce is coming back from injury, he hasn't done well, but there are some things you just don't do.

What I don't favor today is playing Santiago at third and Frazier at first.

If you want Santiago to get a couple of games, rest Cozart.

If you want to rest Pena at first base, play Lutz against a righty. Play him at first.

Frazier at first, Santiago at third hasn't looked good defensively, no reason to keep pushing that button IMO.
    I don't have an issue with Santiago playing today. He has faced Hernandez a lot and has done fairly well against him. I agree with you on putting Santiago at SS and playing Lutz at 1B. Would like to know the reasoning behind it.

Don't you guys know that Cozart is dating Price's daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    Price from last night's game recap.

He said the PC stuff after the portion I bolded, but sounds like Price has had enough with some of these guys.
    I agree the team has the wrong players. But mostly because too many of the right players are on the DL.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?