Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Are You Ready For Some Minor League Playoff Baseball?

Are You Ready For Some Minor League Playoff Baseball?

The Dragons lose Game One, 3-2. Yari hit a dinger. Jordan pitched well. Meh.

Pensacola won, 3-0. Shed Long had a hit and a BB. Deck McGuire pitched well. VanMeter had himself a ballgame, going 4 - 4.

Billings (not in the playoffs) is currently winning, 5 - 1. Tyler Mondile and Hunter Greene have both pitched very well. Andy Sugilio has three hits, all singles. He's up to .349. I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm at this point, as almost everyone hits in the Pioneer League. He ranks 7th among those with 200 AB's in BA. Kid's playing mostly LF but has played all three OF positions this season. Still only 20, he's among the younger hitters in the league. Someone to keep an eye on, at any rate.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Are You Ready For Some Minor League Playoff Baseball?

The playoffs in the Southern League have been altered due to Irma. All games in the Pensacola/Jax series will now be played in Pensacola. The championship series will not be played so I assume the North and South winners will be considered co-champions.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Some big performances by the Wahoos today (Jose Lopez going 8 innings of one run, 9 strikeout ball and Josh Van Meter going 3-4 with a HR and 2B) yet it doesn't officially count towards their season stats? Lame.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Some big performances by the Wahoos today (Jose Lopez going 8 innings of one run, 9 strikeout ball and Josh Van Meter going 3-4 with a HR and 2B) yet it doesn't officially count towards their season stats? Lame.
    VanMeter is breaking out in this series: 7 for 8, with run production.

6. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-07-2017)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    The playoffs in the Southern League have been altered due to Irma. All games in the Pensacola/Jax series will now be played in Pensacola. The championship series will not be played so I assume the North and South winners will be considered co-champions.
    Actually, Game 3 will be in Pensacola, but games 4 and 5, if needed, will be in Biloxi. And yes, Co-Champions for the series winners of the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Actually, Game 3 will be in Pensacola, but games 4 and 5, if needed, will be in Biloxi. And yes, Co-Champions for the series winners of the first round.
    I missed that. Thanks
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Dayton won Game One against Fort Wayne, 2 - 1. Wennington Romero pitched even better than that would indicate, though, saving his best performance of the year for the playoffs. The 19-year-old went 6.1 IP, 6 H, no ER (1 R on a SS error), no BB, and 8 K.

The biggest boost to the offense was Jose Siri's 3 for 4 night. He scored the deciding run, scampering home from third on a Bruce Yari would-be double play ball the Fort Wayne SS screwed up.

Taylor Trammell went 1 - 3 with a BB and an RBI, and Michael Beltre (hot lately) went 2 for 4. Randy Ventura went 1 for 4 with a SB and a run.

10. Likes:

KittyDuran (09-10-2017),RED VAN HOT (09-10-2017),SirFelixCat (09-10-2017)

Turn Off Ads?