Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/9/14 - Reds vs. Dodgers

6/9/14 - Reds vs. Dodgers

"Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6/9/14 - Reds vs. Dodgers

I'm beginning to think Price bought a 162 lot of lineup cards preprinted with Phillips batting third, and is too cheap to buy new ones.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

4. Likes:

Ironman92 (06-09-2014)

I hope Mes didn't get dinged up in that collision at the plate.

Image doesn't work - can someone post it in plain text?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I'm beginning to think Price bought a 162 lot of lineup cards preprinted with Phillips batting third, and is too cheap to buy new ones.
    Doing the ole switcharoo with Frazier and Phillips wouldn't be a bad idea. The Todd is clearly the best healthy hitter on the team right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    Doing the ole switcharoo with Frazier and Phillips wouldn't be a bad idea. The Todd is clearly the best healthy hitter on the team right now.
    I'd rather Todd hit second than Dat Dude, that way he may get an extra atbat during the game.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

9. Likes:

Ironman92 (06-09-2014)

Hamilton
    Votto
    Frazier
    Bruce
    Phillips
    Mez
    Left field
    Shortstop
    Pitcher

Waboom.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    I'd rather Todd hit second than Dat Dude, that way he may get an extra atbat during the game.
    I'm hoping when Votto comes back Phillips will go to the five slot or maybe the six. Not likely, though, I'm afraid.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    That being the case, you should put him in the 1.

Nice to see Lutz get another start, I wonder why he rode the pine so long and now gets 2 starts? Votto should be back any day now so it seems strange.

14. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-09-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Nice to see Lutz get another start, I wonder why he rode the pine so long and now gets 2 starts? Votto should be back any day now so it seems strange.
    Possibly to get him some big league at bats before he is sent down. Or they plan to slide Lutz into Bernadina's role once Vottto is back. In other words, I have absolutely no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    That being the case, you should put him in the 1.
    No, because he does drive the ball. At least hitting second he would have the possibility of coming to bat with a runner on base each time he hits.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Here's to Bruce or Ludwick getting a multiple-run bomb!

Also, the Dodgers are 9-9 in their last 18 on the road, so that 20-12 record on the road is deceiving. They find ways to implode.

As with any two teams that have great starting pitching, this series should be won in the 7th innings on. Glad we have Broxton/Chapman to close things out.

Could really use a great effort by Cingrani. Hope he pitches like his job in the rotation is depending on it....because it is.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Once he shaved off his mustache they realized that it was Donald Lutz sitting on the bench and not the ghost of Dennis Eckersley.

19. Likes:

reds1869 (06-09-2014), Tom Servo (06-09-2014), _Sir_Charles_ (06-09-2014)

With only two teams playing well in the National League so far this season, San Francisco and Milwaukee, an opportunity has opened up for the REDS to survive this slow start and be solidly in the running for the playoffs right now.

With Votto and Latos nearing their returns, there's no reason to believe that we can't make a run up the ladder over the rest of this month.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

21. Likes:

RedsBrick (06-09-2014)

Turn Off Ads?