Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Banned Dodger Fan Arrested At GABP

Re: Banned Dodger Fan Arrested At GABP

If he's using sarcasm, he's not very good at it. And being sarcastic isn't a justification for saying that you're going to hijack a plane as you're going through airport security.

Besides that, I have the weird idea that I've met this man. I live less than a half hour from Hurricane. I once worked at a radio station there, and Hurricane's where I did my student teaching.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I'm not reading it that way at all. Sounds like he is being sarcastic- hey, I'm going to trespass....it's going to endanger lives becasue I'm breaking this law....

I dunno- doesn't seem that bad.
    It's all fun and games until a father and son come out of the stands and stab the 1st base coach.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

4. Likes:

cincinnati chili (06-27-2014), Dom Heffner (06-16-2014), KittyDuran (06-17-2014), Larkin Fan (06-24-2014), marcshoe (06-16-2014), RedEye (06-17-2014)

That guy looks rough for 40. Life in Hurricane must be pretty tough.

***Follow Up***

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...dium/11103691/

Troy Sexton faces up to three years in prison after the Cincinnati Reds say he came to Great American Ball Park for a June 10 game after previously being banned from the stadium for life.

Sexton, 40, of West Virginia, originally was charged with two misdemeanors – obstructing official business and criminal trespass – but those were dismissed after he was charged with burglary, a felony carrying a maximum prison sentence of three years in prison. A Hamilton County grand jury handed up the burglary indictment Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    he was charged with burglary, a felony carrying a maximum prison sentence of three years in prison. A Hamilton County grand jury handed up the burglary indictment Friday.
    What did he steal?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What did he steal?
    You do not have to steal anything to be charged with burglary. Burglary is defined as illegally entering a building with the intent to commit a crime.

From the Ohio Revised Code:

2911.12 Burglary.
    (A) No person, by force, stealth, or deception, shall do any of the following:

(1) Trespass in an occupied structure or in a separately secured or separately occupied portion of an occupied structure, when another person other than an accomplice of the offender is present, with purpose to commit in the structure or in the separately secured or separately occupied portion of the structure any criminal offense;

(2) Trespass in an occupied structure or in a separately secured or separately occupied portion of an occupied structure that is a permanent or temporary habitation of any person when any person other than an accomplice of the offender is present or likely to be present, with purpose to commit in the habitation any criminal offense;

(3) Trespass in an occupied structure or in a separately secured or separately occupied portion of an occupied structure, with purpose to commit in the structure or separately secured or separately occupied portion of the structure any criminal offense .

(B) No person, by force, stealth, or deception, shall trespass in a permanent or temporary habitation of any person when any person other than an accomplice of the offender is present or likely to be present.

(C) As used in this section, "occupied structure" has the same meaning as in section 2909.01 of the Revised Code.

(D) Whoever violates division (A) of this section is guilty of burglary. A violation of division (A)(1) or (2) of this section is a felony of the second degree. A violation of division (A)(3) of this section is a felony of the third degree.

(E) Whoever violates division (B) of this section is guilty of trespass in a habitation when a person is present or likely to be present, a felony of the fourth degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    You do not have to steal anything to be charged with burglary. Burglary is defined as illegally entering a building with the intent to commit a crime.

From the Ohio Revised Code:
    That's interesting. Thanks for the info. I wonder what crime they think he planned to commit after he trespassed...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That's interesting. Thanks for the info. I wonder what crime they think he planned to commit after he trespassed...
    His post on facebook stating he intended to trespass could be the justification they're using. (ANY criminal offense)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

It's not burglary, even by Ohio's kooky definition of it. Not that I'm volunteering, but this loser needs a good lawyer. There was no force, stealth, or deception to get into the ballpark. Dude bought a ticket and walked in, regardless of whether he was banned. Common law burglary requires a breaking and entering. The "force, stealth, or deception" in the code stems expands the definition somewhat beyond just breaking and entering. But it has to be more than a mere trespass.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    His post on facebook stating he intended to trespass could be the justification they're using. (ANY criminal offense)
    So... he trespassed with the intent to trespass?

Quote Originally Posted by tps View Post
    So... he trespassed with the intent to trespass?
    The facebook post could be used to prove his mens rea, negating any unintentional trespass/mistake/expiration of ban etc. defenses.
    Last edited by WMR; 06-27-2014 at 02:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

What crime do the prosecutors claim he intended to commit?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    The facebook post could be used to prove his mens rea, negating unintentional trespass/mistake etc.
    Spending 9 to 36 months in jail/prison seems a bit excessive for "trespassing with the intent to trespass." If the guy paid to get into the game and spent money in the city, is there truly a victim who suffered some sort of damages?

Does Joey Votto care if the guy went to game he wasn't supposed to be at? Johnny Cueto? Todd Frazier? Anyone in the front office? Whole thing seems stupid to me.

That cop doesn't make sense. He's stating this guy shoved down a man that was 75 years of age or older. Shoved him so hard he went "airborne." Am I supposed to believe that this elderly man who was allegedly assaulted this badly didn't break any bones? The guy would have been arrested for some sort of malicious felony assault back in 2008. Something stinks about the reporting of all this. What the news and the cops are stating doesn't jive with the mans actual facebook post. Seems like a sensationalized matter to me.

Turn Off Ads?