Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stings

Re: Stings

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    When I was about 13 I left a coke on the porch while mowing, I took a swig and swallowed a bee and it stung me in the throat, only time in my life I thought I might die, thankfully I am not allergic.
    When I first moved back to Northeast Ohio with my wife and was looking for work, I was at a picnic talking to a friend's father who had a lot of pull with a major employer in the area. While we were talking about possible openings at the company, I had a yellowjacket fly into my beer. Although I didn't get stung, I felt it in my mouth while taking a drink and immediately spit it out. Unfortunately, I also spit beer all over the man I was hoping would give me a recommendation for a job at that company. Yeah, I never did hear back about any openings, but all my friends still think that is one of the most hilarious things they've ever seen.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Swallowing a stinging insect is my worst fear. One of them, anyway.

On a side note, Yachtzee, are you quoting the Smiths? Are we now trying to recreate the compuserve board we all would have been on 25 years ago?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Hornets are the worst.
    one of my favorite things to do at my grandmother's house is sit on the back porch around lunch and in the early evening and watch hornets pick flies out of the air, off of the posts, bird feeders, and even us.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Swallowing a stinging insect is my worst fear. One of them, anyway.

On a side note, Yachtzee, are you quoting the Smiths? Are we now trying to recreate the compuserve board we all would have been on 25 years ago?
    Yes, it is the Smiths, but I was actually going for more of a Prodigy vibe. Now if you'll excuse me, I actually went online with my 2400 baud dial up modem and must now wait a day for the page to refresh.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

6. Likes:

vaticanplum (06-24-2014)

"The only two words more boring in the English language are 'featuring sting'"- John Oliver

Turn Off Ads?