Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Changing Attitudes on Fat in Our Diet

Re: Changing Attitudes on Fat in Our Diet

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I was crystal clear in advocating not going by my opinion. I would never think you would take my medical opinion over your cardiologist's. I was saying that all Doctors are human, even the very best. Tens of thousands of mistakes/bad judgements are made daily by them worldwide. One of all Doctors biggest issues with patients is that they don't come into visits with prepared questions.

By all means do what your cardiologist tells you, but continue your own education and don't be afraid to question your Doctor. He's not God. Would you do everything your financial planner tells you just because he/she has more knowledge of finances? I merely suggested askin g other Doctors the question (without prefacing the other Doctor's opinion first) about the usefulness of fish oil supplements. Keep in mind that I never said anything about it's effectiveness in reducing cardiovascular disease, but responded to your statement that they had zero positive effect on a healthy body.
    You're completely comfortable out on that limb saying that his Doctor isn't God?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    You're completely comfortable out on that limb saying that his Doctor isn't God?
    Yeah, that limb is pretty strong.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

115 yr old eats bacon everyday:

"You know what she does, she eats bacon," Jones' Goddaughter Valerie Price told PIX11 News last year, shedding light on how Miss Susie has lasted so long. "She eats bacon every single morning. Now I don't advocate that because I don't even eat it myself but that's what it is."
    http://www.aol.com/article/2014/07/0...6pLid%3D499321

You go with the best information that's out there from one year to the next, knowing that more information will be revealed. You're guaranteed to get some things wrong, but you keep learning.
    Part of me agrees with you, but the "McConaughey character from True Detective" part of me thinks maybe most of it is just a big circle. You think you are learning more but you're really just following a curve that will bring you back where you started over and over again whether we're talking about eggs, fish oil, carbs, fat, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    My great uncle ate about a 12 oz slab of fried fatback every day for lunch. Never saw him without a stogie in his mouth.
    He farmed 80 acres with mules his whole life, and could do 1 handed pullups on a door when he was 90. Lived to 103.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-16-2014),Redeyecat (07-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    My great uncle ate about a 12 oz slab of fried fatback every day for lunch. Never saw him without a stogie in his mouth.
    He farmed 80 acres with mules his whole life, and could do 1 handed pullups on a door when he was 90. Lived to 103.
    Don't mess with Farmers and old WWII Vets.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Don't mess with Farmers and old WWII Vets.
    He was a WWI vet.....even tougher.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-17-2014)

Turn Off Ads?