Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 EPL Thread

Re: 2014-2015 EPL Thread

Ohhhh Arsenal...

2. Turn Off Ads?

This Saturday at noon ET Real Madrid travels to Eibar to play in a 5,000-seat stadium. It's going to be a spectacle and a half, like watching U2 play a show in a high school gym. I highly suggest watching this one. Eibar's got a solid little team too, so they might be able to fend of Madrid's monster attack.

Even if you're not a fan of soccer, watch this one. Eibar is like the biggest underdog in the history of underdogs and it's going up against arguably the biggest juggernaut in sports.
    Last edited by M2; 11-20-2014 at 03:38 PM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I love midweek December matches.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

This hasn't been the best year to cheer for Arsenal so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    This hasn't been the best year to cheer for Arsenal so far.
    Far worse for Liverpool.

Arsenal seems on track for its standard season: round of 16 exit in the UCL, 3rd/4th place finish in the EPL.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Far worse for Liverpool.

Arsenal seems on track for its standard season: round of 16 exit in the UCL, 3rd/4th place finish in the EPL.
    Amen. It's been abysmal for Liverpool fans.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Amen. It's been abysmal for Liverpool fans.
    How you gonna beat Basel?

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

I haven't been paying as much attention this year, but yeah, Liverpool looks bad. I thought they did an okay job of turning the Suarez money into much-needed quality depth, but I'm not so sure now. The defense is still shaky, and with Sturridge out, the offense looks plodding as well. Moving Gerrard back to an attacking position smacks of desperation but it's not like anyone else was doing much of anything.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

So one of the Arsenal Bloggers I follow released his latest hit track

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    I haven't been paying as much attention this year, but yeah, Liverpool looks bad. I thought they did an okay job of turning the Suarez money into much-needed quality depth, but I'm not so sure now. The defense is still shaky, and with Sturridge out, the offense looks plodding as well. Moving Gerrard back to an attacking position smacks of desperation but it's not like anyone else was doing much of anything.
    I thought so too. Turns out they went too young. Not enough quality experience or depth to survive the rigors of the schedule they had in front of them. Rodgers may pay for it with his job.

I had a quick trip to London last week, but unfortunately Arsenal was playing at Man City (not sure who won ). I did go on the stadium tour of the Emirates which was awesome.

13. Likes:

Big Red Smokey (01-22-2015),Caveat Emperor (01-22-2015)

I had a quick trip to London last week, but unfortunately Arsenal was playing at Man City (not sure who won ). I did go on the stadium tour of the Emirates which was awesome.
    My wife and I are planning a trip to England to visit her family in late July-early August. I was trying to get her to plan the trip during the EPL season so that I could take my sons to an EPL match while we're there, but no dice. Wife didn't want the kids missing school. So now I'm wondering if there are any matches being played, friendlies or otherwise, I might be able to take them to.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Rumors are the Bengals will have a home game in London in 2016.

I'm hoping as a STH I get the option to get tickets, and I will make a long weekend, hopefully Arsenal will be in London and play on Saturday.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Really awesome! I've read it's an amazing facility in person.

One of my best friends (fellow Blues fan) is leaving for his honeymoon to Europe in a week. He's going to be at the Bridge for Chelsea v. Man City. Jealousy doesn't even come close to describing my feelings.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    My wife and I are planning a trip to England to visit her family in late July-early August. I was trying to get her to plan the trip during the EPL season so that I could take my sons to an EPL match while we're there, but no dice. Wife didn't want the kids missing school. So now I'm wondering if there are any matches being played, friendlies or otherwise, I might be able to take them to.
    They play preseason games in early August.

Turn Off Ads?