Turn Off Ads?

Thread: This Bullpen

This Bullpen

is the worst Reds bullpen i've seen in a long time. They only have one player they can rely on. The fricking blue jays pen is out playing them

2. Turn Off Ads?
    KD1476

Re: This Bullpen

Our bullpen definitely is a hot mess right now and some guys need a trip to Louisville. Don't ask where there replacements come from, heck give me Chacin ( sp??) from Dayton!

Not sure if Conteras is up for a cup of Joe or if he is a long term answer. Hopefully he earns a spot, they desperately need it.
    Bring on 2018! #%?*!

I think Friday night, for Broxton and Chapman, was an outlier. Outside of those two however, there really isn't much consistency.

I like the idea of giving guys like Contreras and Diaz a chance. They definitely can't do any worse than the other middle relievers. With Diaz I am willing to give him a couple more appearances before I group him with the Parra and Hoovers of the bullpen.

I especially like Contreras. His stuff is filthy, it's only a matter of whether he can control it sufficiently. He hasn't had Jumbo Diaz like control problems, though - which is what worries me about Diaz.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

I still have hope that LeCure and Hoover will turn it around this season. Maybe Parra too. Logan just isn't that good - I see him as a borderline major leaguer. I'm glad to see Diaz and Contreras getting a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyecat View Post
    I still have hope that LeCure and Hoover will turn it around this season. Maybe Parra too. Logan just isn't that good - I see him as a borderline major leaguer. I'm glad to see Diaz and Contreras getting a chance.
    No way they're turning it around they just suck too fricking bad. Logan has been a heck of alot better than the both of them and as we speak Lecure has been hammered again

Been a frustrating pen indeed. Hoover is nearing my level of hate for "effing Nick Masset" (I just started assuming that was legally a part of his name because I don't think I ever referred to him without cursing his name). He's annoying because when he's good, his stuff is so good that you have the faint hope that he's figured it out...then you see him pitch the next night.

The biggest thing has been the lack of consistency with the middle relievers. You see them look dominant one night and then have two back to back bad outings. I've noticed with LeCure's breaking pitches, they don't see to be as sharp this season. They are just sort of hanging there across the plate instead of taking the nosedives they did last season.

Chapman just had a baby today so maybe he will start to hit the strike zone a little more knowing hes got a little one watching....oops Its a secret? meh, I dont like the girl anyways
    Last edited by CoachBombay; 06-30-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Probably to put all the relievers in a group (bullpen) is not very accurate. I wonder how a former pitching coach now manager decides which middle relief right handed player to bring in when they are not consistent? After the series in San Fran all the middle pitchers are rested. Then we hear they are not in the zone because they aren't getting enough work. baseball and its cliches

Turn Off Ads?