Thread: 6/22/14 - Reds vs Blue Jays

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Re: 6/22/14 - Reds vs Blue Jays

And E5 still doesn't win much at GABP.

2. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-23-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I thought it was impossible for a baseball team to bounce back after losing an 8 run lead??
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

5. Likes:

reds1869 (06-22-2014),Tom Servo (06-22-2014)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by villain612 View Post
    I thought it was impossible for a baseball team to bounce back after losing an 8 run lead??
    yeah -- I was going to point out that poster was as good as predicting things as I am reading my wife's mind
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Over the last few seasons it seems like whenever we have one of those crushing defeats that sends us all into a tailspin the team picks themselves up and goes on a run of good baseball. To come back and win those last two games after the collapse in game one was awesome.

8. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-22-2014),SirFelixCat (06-22-2014),Tom Servo (06-22-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    yeah -- I was going to point out that poster was as good as predicting things as I am reading my wife's mind
    Who was so heartbroken as to post that?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I believe it was Kingspoint, (If not, my apologies) who GUARANTEED the Reds would lose the next two series, stating that is was impossible to come back from such a defeat.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    I wouldn't want to post names but post #805 might be the one look at in the game thread -- to be fair I had doubts about them rebounding
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

we need 6 wins on this trip- take the series in Chicago and San Diego and split with the Giants.
    Would go 6-4 and end the month 2 games over .500

Old Blood and Guts Patton would be proud of these tough SOB's!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    we need 6 wins on this trip- take the series in Chicago and San Diego and split with the Giants.
    Would go 6-4 and end the month 2 games over .500
    I want sweeps in Chicago and San Diego.

But I'm greedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Problem is the Reds early season troubles have put them way behind. If they want to win the division they really need to play great ball. Unfortunately if the Brewers play good ball the rest of the way there isn't much hope of the Reds taking the division. Maybe the Brewers will fall off, but if they just play 5 over .500 the rest of the way the Reds would have to play out of their minds to catch them.

Even with their play of late they haven't gained much ground in the wildcard, as the teams above them have started to play well.

That's a big issue with playing poorly early in the year. It's only early until it's not. Now, they have to play over .600 ball the rest of the way, and have some teams fall off to even have a chance at the wildcard.

I want sweeps in Chicago and San Diego.

But I'm greedy.
    No reason why we shouldn't sweep in S.D. Their hitting is abysmal. Can't hit their way out of a wet paper bag. Giants having troubles lately. 3 out of 4 there would be real nice. And the Cubs....well, they're the Cubs. Minimum, the Reds should go 7-3.

Turn Off Ads?