Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cingrani To AAA DL With Shoulder Strain

Cingrani To AAA DL With Shoulder Strain

Jamie Ramsey ‏@Jamieblog 19m
    LHP Tony Cingrani placed on AAA-Louisville's DL with left shoulder strain. #Reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cingrani To AAA DL With Shoulder Strain

Anyone who watched his last few outings could see this coming
    No - I am not from State Farm!

4. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-27-2014), Old school 1983 (06-27-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Anyone who watched his last few outings could see this coming
    Exactly. Tony was nowhere near the thrower that he was when he first came up. I guess based on last years injury issues this isn't surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Exactly. Tony was nowhere near the thrower that he was when he first came up. I guess based on last years injury issues this isn't surprising.

Are you thinking his back issues from last season carried over, and caused him to alter something that is affecting his shoulder?

Or do you mean he's injury prone?

It's tough luck for him, and good fortune for the Reds in a financial sense that this plays out this way. Because he is not on the Major League DL, he is losing service time, and money, which is the Reds gain.

However, when it come to pitchers with shoulder issues, there really is never a "winner."

I don't follow the minors very closely, so since Cingrani is obviously not right, who would be the most likely call up if someone in the rotation needed to miss a start?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I don't follow the minors very closely, so since Cingrani is obviously not right, who would be the most likely call up if someone in the rotation needed to miss a start?
    My guess would Wang followed by Josh Smith unless they dip into Pensacola but I think any of those guys would be rushing it
    No - I am not from State Farm!

ctrent @ctrent 54s
    Tony Cingrani was put on the DL in AAA with shoulder tendonitis. Price said it was a surprise to them, he wasn’t getting treatment w/ #Reds

I'm guessing he was trying to keep it secret, so he could stay in the bigs, and keep playing.

He was pretty upset when he had to go on the DL last time.

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    Are you thinking his back issues from last season carried over, and caused him to alter something that is affecting his shoulder?

Or do you mean he's injury prone?
    I think he's made out of glass.

I had such high hopes for Tony C 3-4 months ago. Now I will be surprised if he ever amounts to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I had such high hopes for Tony C 3-4 months ago. Now I will be surprised if he ever amounts to anything.
    That's a little bit of an overreaction isn't it? It's not like he got his arm chopped off.

However, I've been saying for a month that he had shoulder problems. He was having a hard time finding his release point, and that's a sure sign.
    Sabermetrics is this: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

Forget the rain. It's never an official game until the Reds piss away a run between third base and home plate. - Bluegrass Redleg

14. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-27-2014), malcontent (06-27-2014), westofyou (06-27-2014)

If it was an elbow problem I wouldn't be too concerned, but it seems like once a pitcher gets the shoulder bug, it's all downhill from there.

Oh jeez. I hope this isn't the beginning of another Sean Marshall situation.

Once the shoulder goes bad, can it ever recover? I'm asking a serious question. It always seems like the answer is no.
    All-Star Game hosts and World Series champs in 2015

Honest answer is it depends on the player. Carpenter recovered, git hurt again, then recovered. Seems like Halladay had a shoulder thing too. I don't think he was ready to come back, and aggravated it. I also think he probably kept his discomfort to himself to try and pitch through it. That matches with what I've read about his intensity (I can't think of a better word). He doesn't like to lose at anything, even injury it seems.

He needs to rest the shoulder, let it heal, then buy into the right rehab. Long term, he's worth it.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Dang, there goes my trade bait.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Turn Off Ads?