Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cingrani To AAA DL With Shoulder Strain

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Re: Cingrani To AAA DL With Shoulder Strain

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    Oh jeez. I hope this isn't the beginning of another Sean Marshall situation.

Once the shoulder goes bad, can it ever recover? I'm asking a serious question. It always seems like the answer is no.
    Rotator cuff and/or labrum injuries are not nearly as easy (if even possible) to repair than elbow ligaments. As long as this is just tendonitis it's not too worrisome; If it escalates to one of the other two then we can worry. For reference, Homer Bailey had several bouts of shoulder tendonitis in his early years and he's pretty durable now. Tony just needs to know how to take care of himself. I think Homer went through a looooong slow regime of shoulder strengthening exercises.

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

2. Likes:

cincyinco (06-28-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    If it was an elbow problem I wouldn't be too concerned, but it seems like once a pitcher gets the shoulder bug, it's all downhill from there.
    Homer had shoulder issues when he was young too. Its not a kiss of death as long as they don't have to go under the knife.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

5. Likes:

dougdirt (06-28-2014)

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...pman/13224107/

Cingrani is currently on the disabled list at Triple-A Louisville with a left shoulder impingement.

"Other than the strengthening stuff, he hasn't gotten to the point where he's able to start throwing yet," Price said.

The plan, when the Reds sent Cingrani to Triple-A, was for him to be the first man up if the Reds needed a pitcher -- either a starter or reliever. Instead, he never made an appearance for the Bats, going straight to the DL.

Dodged a service time bullet with his injury.

ctrent @ctrent 1m
    Bryan Price said Tony Cingrani has restarted his throwing program #Reds

9. Likes:

klw (08-04-2014), Roy Tucker (08-04-2014), Tom Servo (08-04-2014)

From CTrent,

There's more tangible results on Cingrani, who has been on the disabled list since being sent down to Triple-A. There he's been hampered by a sore left shoulder, but he's started throwing again in Cincinnati recently.

"He did initiate a throwing program without discomfort," Price said. "He tried to initiate it seven-to-10 days ago and there was still some discomfort, or there was discomfort in some of the exercises he was doing, so they did get really invested in the throwing program. In just the last couple of days, he started playing catch with Logan (Ondrusek) in Cincinnati. From the reports I got, he had no discomfort."

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-05-2014)

Turn Off Ads?