Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cueto All Star Start?

Cueto All Star Start?

Is it bad that I don't want Cueto to start the All Star Game? He is obviously the best pitcher in the NL this year so far and deserves the start but selfishly I want him to get snubbed for Waino by Matheny and have a chip on his shoulder the rest of the season and to bolster our hatred (read: rivalry) with the Cards. Plus I suppose the fewer extra innings he pitches would be a plus.
    You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cueto All Star Start?

I read from one of the beat reporters, I didn't fact check and rotation turns can change, but they said Cueto was lined up to pitch the Sunday before the break, which would make him ineligible for the start, but he can still make the team, and sit the bench.

4. Likes:

LoganBuck (06-28-2014)

Well then that ruins my entire fanboy strategy for the rest of the season already
    You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all.

Never happen and I don't care. With StLouis in charge, any Red won't see significant PT and I'd rather they get some rest.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Never happen and I don't care. With StLouis in charge, any Red won't see significant PT and I'd rather they get some rest.
    I realize the organizational history but there's no way you can say with certainty who Matheny will pick. I'd love the rest too but I'd like to see it in a snub quite selfishly.

Well, if Wainwright starts over Cueto, it's hardly a snub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?