Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arguably the worst loss of the season

Arguably the worst loss of the season

Just now. Worse than Toronto, Padres had 1 hit, 1 fricking hit and you cant win? That is just pathetic and just shows you how inept this offense can be sometime. This team is still in need of 2 more good hitters to be a LEGIT contender and is still nothing more than an above average team

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Arguably the worst loss of the season

You mean the best offense in the entire month of June? Interesting concept.

It's amazing to me that the Reds can sweep a 4 game series against one of the best teams in baseball at their park (the Giants), and lose all of that goodwill with some folks in one loss. Some think I am a pretty pessimistic poster on here, but this makes me look like Optimus Prime.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 07-01-2014 at 08:42 AM.

4. Likes:

dfs (07-01-2014)

Giants had been already playing horrid baseball going into that series and are without some big key hitters

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Red View Post
    Giants had been already playing horrid baseball going into that series and are without some big key hitters
    You understand that was the first time in the history of AT&T park the Giants were swept in a 4 game series at home, right?

The game is changing get used to it (IE learn that it's the game not always the players)

http://baseballmusings.com/?p=101063

Monday night featured two one-hitters (both 1-0 games) and a two hitter.

Looking at games in which the pitching staff held the opposition to two hits or less, last night’s three games brought the season total to 40. That’s in line with last seasons total of 86, which set the record for the 30 team era. The low came in 2003, where there were 40 low hit games in total. Between 1998 and 2005, the total exceeded 70 just once, in 2002. Since 2006, the total has not fallen below 60.
    We are definitely in the downswing of offense that reached a peak in the last 1990s.

Worst loss? No. Only for a fan. The players have already shrugged it off, mostly after tipping their caps (on both sides) to last night's pitchers. I will say I hate Petco, though. The Reds have played ten series there since it opened and lost 7 of them. It's not looking good for trip #11.
    No - I am not from State Farm!

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Red View Post
    Just now. Worse than Toronto, Padres had 1 hit, 1 fricking hit and you cant win? That is just pathetic and just shows you how inept this offense can be sometime. This team is still in need of 2 more good hitters to be a LEGIT contender and is still nothing more than an above average team
    Seriously?

07/17/1975 the Cincinnati Reds lost 3-0 to the Expos. Two days later they only scored two and 3 days after that they only scored one. A month later against the Cardinals they lost by scoring no runs. Must have been their inept offense that caused this complete lack of run production over and over again.
    http://www.baseball-almanac.com/team...p?y=1975&t=CN5
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

10. Likes:

redsmetz (07-01-2014)

Over the course of a 162 game season, even the best teams are going to lose some close games. One team is going to get all the breaks in that game, while the other is going to struggle to get just one break. I prefer to look at what the Reds have been doing over the course of the month of June. That's more indicative of the state of the Reds than one single game.

I'm a firm believer in not watching every game. Makes you crazy.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

13. Likes:

Fargo Red (07-01-2014), redsmetz (07-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I'm a firm believer in not watching every game. Makes you crazy.
    Yup, it was 11:45 last night and it was 0-0. Sat there and thought to myself, "even if the Reds win this game it is not going to be worth staying up. I'm noping right out of this."

I watched every pitch which is not always the case. When they are going bad I use mlb.tv to catch parts I want to see. The last week I've watched every pitch.
    No - I am not from State Farm!

Watching every pitch is why Marty and Thom are so grumpy
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

17. Likes:

traderumor (07-02-2014)

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Somebody off their meds?

It was a bad loss, yes. But you can't discount what this team has done here lately. If they had taken 3 out of 4 from SF and won last night 1-0 then everything would be fine and dandy. I expect the Reds to come back out and get the W tonight and tomorrow both.

How about you tip your hat to the performance of Jesse Hahn (who has been very good for them) and one of the best pens in the game? They swept the Giants when they were reeling and they just lost a tight pitcher's duel. That's baseball. Hardly time to panic.

21. Likes:

RedlegJake (07-01-2014), redsmetz (07-01-2014), RedTeamGo! (07-01-2014)

Turn Off Ads?