Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arguably the worst loss of the season

Re: Arguably the worst loss of the season

Quote Originally Posted by jordan_tm View Post
    It was a bad loss, yes. But you can't discount what this team has done here lately. If they had taken 3 out of 4 from SF and won last night 1-0 then everything would be fine and dandy. I expect the Reds to come back out and get the W tonight and tomorrow both.
    so much for that huh? This is why even in baseball every game counts and games like game 1 against the Padres are just flat out unacceptable. Petco park is becoming a house of horros for the Reds on the same level as Busch Stadium and Jacobs field are. The Reds just don't/can't win there

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Red View Post
    so much for that huh? This is why even in baseball every game counts and games like game 1 against the Padres are just flat out unacceptable. Petco park is becoming a house of horros for the Reds on the same level as Busch Stadium and Jacobs field are. The Reds just don't/can't win there
    I agree, blow the team up because they lost a series at Petco.

4. Likes:

Fargo Red (07-02-2014)

If it's flat out unacceptable that implies there should be some kind if punishment. What would you like to see happen?

So much for what? Being optimistic about my favorite team winning? Back away from the ledge, half a season to be played.

7. Likes:

Fargo Red (07-02-2014),westofyou (07-02-2014)

i cant even watch todays game. just awful so far, ill check the score in an hour or so

i cant even watch todays game. just awful so far, ill check the score in an hour or so
    Can't wait for your review

Just now. Worse than Toronto, Padres had 1 hit, 1 fricking hit and you cant win? That is just pathetic and just shows you how inept this offense can be sometime. This team is still in need of 2 more good hitters to be a LEGIT contender and is still nothing more than an above average team
    You may be correct about the Reds only being an above average team, but above average teams make it to post-season in this era. They had one bad or a few bad games in San Diego. I remember the despair everyone was in after the Blue Jays loss, only to come out the next day and win. And yes, the Reds could use some help on offense, but Cincy will recover and play better, even after this series. My biggest fear is what happens if the Reds sustain more injuries in that starting lineup because the options off the bench and AAA are really not that good. That to me is a greater long term threat than the offense getting shutout in 2 out of 3 games in one series (and this after having a great month offensively prior to that series).
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and [the St. Louis Cardinals]."--Benjamin Disraeli

is that all you want is to just make the postseason?? this team hasnt won a playoff series since 1995, that is terrible im sick and tired of this team failing on the big stages and this years team has not shown me they can win a playoff series.

Uhh, we haven't even reached the All Star break and the Reds are still just 7 games out. IMHO, this weekend's series (actually, this next weeks inter-division home stand) will set the stage for how seriously we can take the team in the second half. Time for the Reds to show they can bounce back from a bad series. They could be just 4 games back, with a home sweep of the brew crew! If the Reds want to be considered a serious player in the 2014 NL Central, this next week is it needs to start happening.

is that all you want is to just make the postseason?? this team hasnt won a playoff series since 1995, that is terrible im sick and tired of this team failing on the big stages and this years team has not shown me they can win a playoff series.
    Maybe you need a hobby.

I attended the first two nights here in Petco. It was tough as the team looked listless and I actually began to have no confidence in their ability to score. And when this series started it was easily the high water mark of the season with the sweep at San Francisco. I recognize that this is how baseball is but it still stinks.

You cannot win a playoff series unless you make it to postseason, so yes I first want to see the team make it to postseason. We're at the halfway mark of the season and you're going back 19 years, wanting to see the same experience and talent replicated in the here and now. It isn't going to happen. I'm not burying this team after one bad series or because they're failing to put up the numbers from the '76 or '95 squad (and by the way, the '95 squad was swept by the Braves in the NLCS). How do you know they cannot 'win' a playoff series when they have 78 games left in the season? One game at the halfway mark of the season?

As I write this, the Reds are 3 games behind from being in a one-game wildcard playoff. That is it. That is one series sweep, basically. They can easily turn it around, like they did the month of June, play well and make it to postseason. Once they are in, they could just as easily win a series as anyone else, but they have to get there to receive that chance. Trust me, this is not that bad. I remember the 1982 squad. Heck, I remember the '81 team, the best record in MLB, and they weren't even allowed into post-season play because of the split season finishes before and after the strike that season. Now that was frustrating. One or two good series, a healthy Joey Votto (or healthier than the current incarnation), and this team can and should make it to postseason play.
    Last edited by RedFanT; 07-03-2014 at 04:18 PM.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and [the St. Louis Cardinals]."--Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanT View Post
    You cannot win a playoff series unless you make it to postseason, so yes I first want to see the team make it to postseason. We're at the halfway mark of the season and you're going back 19 years, wanting to see the same experience and talent replicated in the here and now. It isn't going to happen. I'm not burying this team after one bad series or because they're failing to put up the numbers from the '76 or '95 squad (and by the way, the '95 squad was swept by the Braves in the NLCS). How do you know they cannot 'win' a playoff series when they have 78 games left in the season? One game at the halfway mark of the season?

As I write this, the Reds are 3 games behind from being in a one-game wildcard playoff. That is it. That is one series sweep, basically. They can easily turn it around, like they did the month of June, play well and make it to postseason. Once they are in, they could just as easily win a series as anyone else, but they have to get there to receive that chance. Trust me, this is not that bad. I remember the 1982 squad. Heck, I remember the '81 team, the best record in MLB, and they weren't even allowed into post-season play because of the split season finishes before and after the strike that season. Now that was frustrating. One or two good series, a healthy Joey Votto (or healthier than the current incarnation), and this team can and should make it to postseason play.
    I assume this team cannot win a playoff series because it's filled with underachievers and chokers. They have arguably the biggest choke job loss ever in 2012, the most hapless loss in 2010 and embarrassing last season in the one game playoff. Unless this team has the best record or close to it going into the postseason im gonna assume they're gonna lose because it's all they've shown they can do in the postseason with this set of players.

I assume this team cannot win a playoff series because it's filled with underachievers and chokers. They have arguably the biggest choke job loss ever in 2012, the most hapless loss in 2010 and embarrassing last season in the one game playoff. Unless this team has the best record or close to it going into the postseason im gonna assume they're gonna lose because it's all they've shown they can do in the postseason with this set of players.

Sounds like you are in search of a new team. Fare thee well unhappy traveller!

what is an acceptable loss? 1-0 3-0 against one of the top five pitchers in the league on the road? or losing an eight run lead.

Turn Off Ads?