Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arguably the worst loss of the season

Re: Arguably the worst loss of the season

It's baseball, watch enough of it and you'll know.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The truly great teams go 162-0. Everybody knows that.

4. Likes:

jordan_tm (07-15-2014)

Last edited by 919191; 07-07-2014 at 09:26 AM.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Red View Post
    is that all you want is to just make the postseason?? this team hasnt won a playoff series since 1995, that is terrible im sick and tired of this team failing on the big stages and this years team has not shown me they can win a playoff series.
    Are you a Reds fan by choice or did you get convicted of a crime and being forced to watch the Reds is your sentence?

I like watching the Reds. I like watching the Reds win. I like watching the Reds when they lose. I like watching them win better. But I like watching the Reds play. I would rather watch the Reds lose in July than sit around in January and think about the Reds.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

7. Likes:

Fargo Red (07-09-2014),Mr Larkin (07-16-2014)

I assume this team cannot win a playoff series because it's filled with underachievers and chokers. They have arguably the biggest choke job loss ever in 2012, the most hapless loss in 2010 and embarrassing last season in the one game playoff. Unless this team has the best record or close to it going into the postseason im gonna assume they're gonna lose because it's all they've shown they can do in the postseason with this set of players.
    After reading that, I honestly don't even know why you would bother with watching a single pitch from this Reds team.

9. Likes:

Mr Larkin (07-16-2014),RedlegJake (07-07-2014)

After the many positive comments an being a all-weather fan I wonder if the word "disappointing" would make a difference. Are there some types of losses that are disappointing to you. For example, the luck factor - the poorly hit seeing eye single that plates the winning run in the ninth leading to a loss. Players obviously have to carry on and forget the game just ended to be ready for tomorrow. The fan however has a different perspective.

And the boards like this one are much more positive after the Reds got above .500 for several seasons. The seasons of 70 wins had strong issues over Dunn and Griffey and their chairs in the locker room. And getting rid of that third basemen who couldn't throw to first.

I assume this team cannot win a playoff series because it's filled with underachievers and chokers. They have arguably the biggest choke job loss ever in 2012, the most hapless loss in 2010 and embarrassing last season in the one game playoff. Unless this team has the best record or close to it going into the postseason im gonna assume they're gonna lose because it's all they've shown they can do in the postseason with this set of players.
    The biggest choke loss ever? NC, be thankful you're not a Cubs fan for the past 106 years or a Red Sox fan before 2004. The 2012 LDS loss to the Giants was disappointing, but I've seen way worse, even in Reds history. Choking in '99 in that final game against the Mets (after the Reds had gone on a huge late season tear to get to that point) was pretty bad. The 1995 NLCS sweep to the Braves (after sweeping the Dodgers) was awful. The '79 sweep to the Pirates in the NLCS was to me even worse, as the Reds fought so hard to get to the post-season that year (after barely losing out to the Dodgers in '78 for the NL West division title). And if you think this is bad (I will spare you the Reds coming back from 5-0 deficit tonight to the Cubs), you should try being a Houston Astros fan for the past four years. If you want perpetual winning and no disappointment in life, you may want to cheer for some large market team that buys its way into postseason every year.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and [the St. Louis Cardinals]."--Benjamin Disraeli

12. Likes:

Fargo Red (07-09-2014),Mr Larkin (07-16-2014)

Perhaps you and Andy can drive into Mount Pilot, order some pie and coffee and look for some girls. You seem real uptight and in need of some...ahem...relaxation! BTW, the Twins are looking for some new fans. They seem to turn a good portion of their roster over every couple of years. Sounds like they would be a good fit for you. There would be next to no expectation of them making the post season...and choking!

How we feelin'?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    How we feelin'?
    Im giddy waiting for this evening's game. But there's a kink in my neck though and Im still worried bout Mike and Ike despite it looking like their recent rough patch is behind them. Great couple. Im rooting for those kids to make it.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

16. Likes:

Mr Larkin (07-16-2014),Raisor (07-12-2014)

How we feelin'?
    not any better. Until this team does something in the postseason i wont be satisfied and neither should any of you and with all these injuries and the lack of depth the team has i dont feel optimistic of even making the postseason

not any better. Until this team does something in the postseason i wont be satisfied and neither should any of you and with all these injuries and the lack of depth the team has i dont feel optimistic of even making the postseason
    Why are you paying attention to the regular season at all?

Why are you paying attention to the regular season at all?
    because i still enjoy watching the Reds play, just not gonna get excited or have any expectations for them

btw i see you are also in the Charlotte area, why is it that we are able to get Reds games down here? Im not complaining and love it but it does seem odd

btw i see you are also in the Charlotte area, why is it that we are able to get Reds games down here? Im not complaining and love it but it does seem odd
    For whatever reason Charlotte is in the a Reds viewing area. I'm actually in Ft Mill which isn't

Turn Off Ads?