Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Congrats to the Reds for not giving up

Congrats to the Reds for not giving up

I am sure after the last 10 games you guys feel a lot of relief.

Fraizer might be having a career year and Hamilton is killing it lately.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Congrats to the Reds for not giving up

It's such a long season. Anyone can reel off 10 straight and catapult themselves into first place and 'best team in the league' discussion.

I just wish we had Votto had 100%. I really think we would be an offensive force with the Votto we all know batting 3rd.

4. Likes:

RedFanT (07-02-2014)

The Reds need more than one of the 'big 3' to get their shedt together. BP and Jay had started to show signs of life in the last week or so...we need to see more.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Red View Post
    The Reds need more than one of the 'big 3' to get their shedt together. BP and Jay had started to show signs of life in the last week or so...we need to see more.
    Week? Bruce crushed the ball for the entire month of June.

7. Likes:

RedlegJake (07-01-2014)

Jay is .891 with 4 homers for June. Against a stacked shift that is almost universal now.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

He CRUSHED the ball from the 20th to the 28th. He was pretty solid the rest of the month...but not close to what he was in that stretch. His avg. was an even .300 for June, with just the 4 bombs. When Jay is going good, 4 bombs is a solid WEEK...not a month of CRUSHING the ball.
    Last edited by Fargo Red; 07-03-2014 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Red View Post
    He CRUSHED the ball from the 20th to the 28th. He was pretty solid the rest of the month...but not close to what he was in that stretch. His avg. was an even .300 for June, with just the 4 bombs. When Jay is going good, 4 bombs is a solid WEEK...not a month of CRUSHING the ball.
    Exactly. He OPS'd .891 last month and he isn't even remotely hot yet. I'll take that as norm anyday in between the real highs he has and his slumps.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Good win today July 6th sure wish we could have taken that Saturday game.

This little team keeps chugging along. If you look back over their last 10 games, they are 6-4. Makes that San Diego debacle look a little better!
    Last edited by jordan_tm; 07-09-2014 at 01:25 PM.

SD is proof that in baseball even losing a series isn't that big a deal over the course of a season. The 76 Reds and 27 Yanks lost sweeps to bad teams. You don't want to see it but it happens. Beat the next guy. I do the ten game thing all the time. Go 6-4 every ten games. That's the goal to win a pennant. Heck half the time you can go 5-5 and still end up at .550 and likely in.

The best any team can hope for is to win most series. The Reds are 8-1-1 in the last 10 series played...including the current series, which they have in hand. More importantly, the have won each of the last 5 series within the Central. This is a trend which bodes incredibly well for them, if it can be maintained. They really need to establish that they can handle the Cards though. They have been man handled by them far too much in the last few seasons.
    Last edited by Fargo Red; 07-09-2014 at 10:33 PM.

The Cardinals and Reds have totally closed the gap.

Quote Originally Posted by frivolousz21 View Post
    The Cardinals and Reds have totally closed the gap.
    Yep. It's looking like a 4 team dog fight. I don't expect the Brewers collapse to continue although they end up on the shortest end of the 4 man battle when it's all done. The Cards have lost Molina and have a short staff, the Reds still have injury problems and have some offense issues, the Pirates have the weakest rotation of the 4 (if SL gets some starters back or go get somebody). I don't see any of them with walk away from the pack potential - the Reds and Cards are closest but I don't think they have enough to run away. It's going to be an intense, fun summer the rest of the way.

I'm really enjoying thee season - The lat month has been fantastic, so long as the break hasn't upset the momentum I have high hopes for the second half.

Turn Off Ads?