Frazier 5
    Votto 3
    Phillips 4
    Bruce 9
    Mesoraco 2
    Ludwick 7
    Cozart 6
    Latos 1

With Rocco catching, I really expected to see Pena at 1B.

Anyway, Ron Burgandy tells us that San Diego was discovered by the Germans in 1904.

2. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-30-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6/30/14 Reds @ Padres

Price may be hoping that Votto can play tonight, and Tuesday, and then give him Wednesday off,which would give him two days before the Friday game with the Brewers.

If Votto is as staunch with his saying "he doesn't need or want a day off" to Price as he is to the media, and the medical staff says he can play, I don't blame Price for writing his name down. As gimpy as he has been, he has still produced here recently.

Also, the game is like 4+ hours out, maybe Votto shows up to Petco and says he needs a day off or something.

Padres are hitting .175 in June.

6. Likes:

toledodan (06-30-2014)

It must suck to face Latos knowing he used to be your pitcher and you gave him away for a bunch of scrap
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

8. Likes:

The Operator (06-30-2014),villain612 (06-30-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    It must suck to face Latos knowing he used to be your pitcher and you gave him away for a bunch of scrap
    Waltomatic
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

10. Likes:

Cursh14 (06-30-2014),Gallen5862 (06-30-2014),kbrake (06-30-2014),PepperJack (06-30-2014),Tom Servo (06-30-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Padres are hitting .175 in June.
    But they made up for it with those awesome totals of .241 OBP and .261 SLG and .502 OPS.

12. Likes:

5TimeWSChamps (06-30-2014),Brutus (06-30-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    But they made up for it with those awesome totals of .241 OBP and .261 SLG and .502 OPS.
    So you're saying their due for a correction? Remember it's a marathon.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I know some want to take 2 out of 3...but I'll truthfully be disappointed if we don't leave "a whale's vagina" without a sweep.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Odd schedule tonight. We're the only Central team playing.

Zero chance I can watch tonight, so get us that W fellas.

Schedule is probably to give Reds Thursday off as a travel day. Long west coast trip. So Reds play Monday and some other teams don't.

Reds scored runs in SF without many home runs. Need to keep that trend going since very hard to hit them out in SD.

I recall a lot of folks around here who thought the key to the future was putting Alonzo in left field or at third base.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I know some want to take 2 out of 3...but I'll truthfully be disappointed if we don't leave "a whale's vagina" without a sweep.
    Jeter says the key to success is not getting too down when you lose and not getting too carried away when you win. I'll sign for 2 out of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Jeter says the key to success is not getting too down when you lose and not getting too carried away when you win. I'll sign for 2 out of 3.
    Unless we win the first two...then I'll just get plain selfish.

20. Likes:

Red Raindog (06-30-2014)

Van Hot will be in attendance. I can't remember a series here when I have been as excited about seeing the Reds, especially since I have broken my Tom Browning, Jose Rijo, Aaron Harang jinx.

There were lots of people saying "The Reds traded the wrong catcher!" when Grandal came up and had a hot start.

But then Grandal had to stop taking PED's (and has been god awful since) and Mes got a chance to play full time and is Johnny Bench Jr.

I've learned to trust in Walt. More often than not he's right in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Turn Off Ads?