Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why is Logan Ondrusek on the Cincinnati Reds major league roster ?

Why is Logan Ondrusek on the Cincinnati Reds major league roster ?

He has consistently pitched very very very poorly !!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: Why is Logan Ondrusek on the Cincinnati Reds major league roster ?

Quote Originally Posted by ol'Sparky View Post
    He has consistently pitched very very very poorly !!
    I don't know about consistantly, if you mean by having a down year, then yeah. Logan has been pretty solid for the Reds over his career. Are there better arms out there, sure. Are there worse, heck yeah. I understand the frustration with the way he has pitched in quit a few outings this year!!!

4. Likes:

Red Raindog (07-02-2014)

He has demeaning pics of Bryan Price?

6. Likes:

dubc47834 (07-02-2014)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Ondrusek is not a great pitcher (and I can't believe I am defending him), but that .359 BABIP is not helping his line (.vs .274 for his career). I like the 7.94 K/9, and 0.64 HR/9 is solid. He just needs to work on the BBs, 4.13/9 is not good.

Ondrusek, Parra and Hoover all having a down year at the same time has really drug down this bullpen's numbers. It is a good thing the starters have eaten so many innings to prevent them from being called on more frequently. However, it would behoove the Reds to make some back end of the bullpen moves for the long haul. It can't get much worse than getting lit up by the George McFlys.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Last night was the first time he'd pitched in eight days, and the first time he'd given up a hit in two weeks. Take a look at his game-by-game results.

Honestly, I tend to get nervous when I see him come into a game, but he hasn't been as bad as it seems. It's more like he's a bit of a time bomb, pitching fine for several appearances in a row, then blowing up.

He's likely better than whatever alternative the Reds can come up with. Like traderumor said, the problem is that he's one of three who haven't been dependable this year. There aren't good options.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 07-02-2014 at 12:03 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

10. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-02-2014),_Sir_Charles_ (07-03-2014)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

......but the big bold letters almost had me convinced!!!

12. Likes:

dougdirt (07-03-2014),Redeyecat (07-02-2014)

Ondrusek has a David Weathers - 2007 Reds staff - kind of vibe.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Last night was the first time he'd pitched in eight days, and the first time he'd given up a hit in two weeks. Take a look at his game-by-game results.

Honestly, I tend to get nervous when I see him come into a game, but he hasn't been as bad as it seems. It's more like he's a bit of a time bomb, pitching fine for several appearances in a row, then blowing up.

He's likely better than whatever alternative the Reds can come up with. Like traderumor said, the problem is that he's one of three who haven't been dependable this year. There aren't good options.
    It's when you look at his game logs, that you see how consistently crappy he's been. How can you see it any other way?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

He's been terrible at times, but he's had decent streaks, including a short one that ended last night, when he didn't pitch bad at all. I see massive inconsistency. In 17 our of 31 appearances, he's allowed one or fewer hits.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 07-02-2014 at 09:51 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

16. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (07-03-2014)

Turn Off Ads?