Thread: 7/2/14....Reds @ Padres

Re: 7/2/14....Reds @ Padres

So the negative guys aren't 100% right
    The positive guys aren't 100% right

Yep, .500 club

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    Blown chances to gain ground with the Brewers losing again today......time is rapidly running out. 79 games to play. And many against some very good teams.
    I'll agree with this in 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Guy on WLW tonight may stroke out.

Darn

I've sat through some disappointing Reds series here, but this one was the worse. Over three games Padres pitchers walked 4 and struck out 29. They got ahead of Reds hitters consistently. I remember only one 2-0 count and only a handful that reached 3 balls. In the second game the Reds were taking so many strikes that one frustrated Reds fan yelled out "swing the bat". Perhaps, they were following a strategy of not swinging at the first pitch unless it was a fat one. Whatever it was, it sure cost them as they were behind in the count all series.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    Unless his train derails, Kershaw can start clearing a place on his mantel.
    I don't think Wainwright has capitulated on Cy yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Let's pretend this never happened
    Are there mulligans in baseball? The Reds need one for this series. Jeeesh......
    Reds Fan Since 1971

8. Likes:

Red Raindog (07-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Are there mulligans in baseball? The Reds need one for this series. Jeeesh......
    How would you like to be a Giants fan? They recently got swept in a 4 game series at home in which they only scored 6 runs. They've scored 17 runs in their last 9 games and have went 2-7 so far on their homestand including 3 shutout losses.
    Last edited by jojo; 07-03-2014 at 08:31 AM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2 world series in the past 4 years? I would love to be a Giants fan.

11. Likes:

redsrule2500 (07-03-2014),villain612 (07-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    2 world series in the past 4 years? I would love to be a Giants fan.
    Nothing is stopping you. But the point was that this particular moment in time might not be the one you should chose to jump ship though since we're talking about mulligans.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

13. Likes:

reds44 (07-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    How would you like to be a Giants fan? They recently got swept in a 4 game series at home in which they only scored 6 runs. They've scored 17 runs in their last 9 games and have went 2-7 so far on their homestand including 3 shutout losses.
    I'm a Reds fan so I don't worry about what anyone else is doing or wonder what it would be like to be a fan of their team.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I'm a Reds fan so I don't worry about what anyone else is doing or wonder what it would be like to be a fan of their team.
    Good for you!

16. Likes:

reds44 (07-03-2014)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

they are closer to a World Series win and first place though -- just saying
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    they are closer to a World Series win and first place though -- just saying
    The point was that the Reds are coming home from a west coast swing with an winning record on the trip. The Giants are getting their golden goose cooked on a long homestand. I know which scenario I'd pick on the kvetching scale.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

The point was that the Reds are coming home from a west coast swing with an winning record on the trip. The Giants are getting their golden goose cooked on a long homestand. I know which scenario I'd pick on the kvetching scale.
    understand -- just all in all -- I'd rather be griping about a bad home stand while still in 1st place
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Turn Off Ads?