Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/2/14....Reds @ Padres

Re: 7/2/14....Reds @ Padres

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    That's not respectful in the least. YOU are crazy if you don't think Billy makes that catch 99 times out of 100. He didn't even need to dive. It hit the heel of his glove!
    Not an error. You don't assume a great running catch (probably diving too) just because the particular CFer is capable of it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JMO View Post
    Later
    You will be missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

4. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-02-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    The Reds have no idea in this ballpark, they have Ramon Santiago swinging for the fences hitting fly balls into Death Valley in center field. So this will be tough.

Cueto allowing an 0-2 single to Headley and then allowing a walk with two men on. That was the problem there.
    Billy not catching a ball he catches 99 times out of 100: Also a problem.

Just when this team gets your hopes up.
    Yes that was a very impressive infield single. I thought for a second it was leaving the yard. - texasdave 10/13/12

This is eerily similar to last year. We had an 11 game roadtrip, SF, LA, SD. Went 3-1 against SF, won first game against LA, lost 5 in a row, then salvaged the final game in SD to go 5-6. What a tease.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    One could ask Price what business Santiago has batting in the 2-hole.

I see Chuckie beat me to that.
    3 for 6 off of Tyson --- guessing that makes the most sense
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

A bump in the rally to catch Milwaukie made up of the woeful San Diego Padres.

C'mon, guys. Let's rally and get back on track with winning.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

What a brutal flight home this could be. A long, long four hours to think about why they couldn't beat the laughingstock Padres, in SD or Cincinnati.

I'll repeat from an earlier thread. The Reds don't seem to have made any adjustment to this ballpark.

Ground balls into the shift instead of going opposite field.
    Fly balls to deep center easily caught.
    Very few opposite field attempts.

The only one who succeeded was Mesoraco who has such good power that he homered and doubled with long, long hits.

Heisey had a clue there, nice line drive oppo, unfortunately caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Not an error. You don't assume a great running catch (probably diving too) just because the particular CFer is capable of it.
    "Capable" and "Almost always makes that catch" are not the same thing.

That would not have been a great play by Billy. He didn't need to dive for the ball. If he would have kept running and put his glove down, he would have caught the ball. Again, it hit off the HEEL of his glove. If the ball hit off the tip of his glove (or even inside the glove) it would be different. It hit the freakin' heel of his glove. He "erred" on the play, but no "error" was given because MLB official scorers are like Little League moms. "Oh, he tried real hard. He ran a long way." No, he should have made the catch and will make it the next time.

Swept by the worst team in baseball right before the biggest series of the year. 7 games back.

Swept by the worst team in baseball right before the biggest series of the year. 7 games back.
    Are you from the future?

If so, can you give me some stock tips?

My Lord, I just checked quickly checked in on ESPN's Gamecast and the Padres are up by three. What the heck happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bearcat View Post
    Just when this team gets your hopes up.
    This is exactly what my wife said when I told her about the 4-game sweep in SF and the Reds being on one hell of a roll. She deadpans: "Just enough to get your hopes up and suck you in."

Yep, pretty much. Course, I'm sucked in anyway so it doesn't matter. The Reds are a lifelong addiction for me that is not going away.

I thought you left??
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-02-2014)

Turn Off Ads?