Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raisel Iglesias

Raisel Iglesias

I saw where he had been optioned to Louisville, but when I check the Louisville roster, it says his status is "reassigned." What exactly does that mean? Is he on Louisville's active roster, or has he been reassigned to a lower level?

A more to the point question...
    Where in the heck is he?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Raisel Iglesias

He is awaiting his work visa before he is allowed to start playing for paid crowds.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he made an appearance or two in Arizona just to get his feet wet though. It's been a long time since he pitched in a competitive game.

Oh. According to Red Reporter, the visa issues have been cleared, but maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about.

"We have been waiting for Iglesias's visa issues to clear, and it seems that they have. It appears Iglesias will report to AAA Louisville to add to the plethora of pitching prospects the Reds are building throughout their farm league system."

So I jumped over to the Bats' page and saw the "reassigned" by his status.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by wastedtime View Post
    Oh. According to Red Reporter, the visa issues have been cleared, but maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about.

"We have been waiting for Iglesias's visa issues to clear, and it seems that they have. It appears Iglesias will report to AAA Louisville to add to the plethora of pitching prospects the Reds are building throughout their farm league system."

So I jumped over to the Bats' page and saw the "reassigned" by his status.

Thanks for clearing that up.
    Perhaps they have been cleared, but from reading what they had, it just seems to be an assumption since he was added to a roster.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    ...it just seems to be an assumption since he was added to a roster.
    That's what I'm thinking

He has to get a Domincian visa first, then he has to apply for a US visa. I think they also want to give him some cultural adjustment time.

I just saw on the MLB transactions page where the Reds had put Iglesias on the restricted list. What's going on there? I think it said it happened on the 11th or 12th

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/#month=7&year=2014

I just saw on the MLB transactions page where the Reds had put Iglesias on the restricted list. What's going on there? I think it said it happened on the 11th or 12th

These things take time. He's waiting on his visa.
    2015 All-Star Game hosts and (probably not) World Series champs

I'm not aware of Louisville having a roster crunch (particularly since Wang is gone), but I wonder if this is what it might be:

A player on the Temporarily Inactive List does not count against his club's Active List, but he does count against the club's Reserve List. (If a minor league club's Reserve List is full, a player who ordinarily would have been placed on the Temporarily Inactive List can be placed on the Restricted List instead, but placing a player on the Restricted List does require the approval of the MLB Commissioner).

http://www.thecubreporter.com/book/export/html/3506
    In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either. - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

From Peter Bjarkman, an expert on Cuban baseball:

"I'm real high on this kid for a couple of reasons. I think he has one of the best arms of young guys to come out of Cuba, he's lanky, (has a) funky move," Bjarkman said. "He's definitely a reliever. I don't think he's a starter. I think if they try to move him in that direction, they'll have the same problem they had with Chapman. But I think maturity-wise, he's way beyond what Chapman was when he first came up. Chapman had the great arm, but this kid's got a good head on his shoulders, a great work ethic."

"He can thrown in the low 90s, but he's not overpowering," he said. "He's got great arm action, he's got great sense of the strike zone and control, I can see him more as a middle reliever .....I'm very high on Iglesias, he's got the stuff."

The whole story here about the third item down
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...ball/12608923/
    No - I am not from State Farm!

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    From Peter Bjarkman, an expert on Cuban baseball:

"I'm real high on this kid for a couple of reasons. I think he has one of the best arms of young guys to come out of Cuba, he's lanky, (has a) funky move," Bjarkman said. "He's definitely a reliever. I don't think he's a starter. I think if they try to move him in that direction, they'll have the same problem they had with Chapman. But I think maturity-wise, he's way beyond what Chapman was when he first came up. Chapman had the great arm, but this kid's got a good head on his shoulders, a great work ethic."

"He can thrown in the low 90s, but he's not overpowering," he said. "He's got great arm action, he's got great sense of the strike zone and control, I can see him more as a middle reliever .....I'm very high on Iglesias, he's got the stuff."

The whole story here about the third item down
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...ball/12608923/
    A bit of a strange review (especially when you consider he admits to whiffing on Chapman). He's effusive in praising Iglesias, yet doesn't think he has a future as a starter or back-end bullpen arm.

13. Likes:

Drugs Delaney (07-17-2014), Edd Roush (07-15-2014), RED VAN HOT (07-15-2014), Redeyecat (07-15-2014), RedlegJake (07-15-2014), RiverRat13 (07-15-2014), Tom Servo (07-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    A bit of a strange review (especially when you consider he admits to whiffing on Chapman). He's effusive in praising Iglesias, yet doesn't think he has a future as a starter or back-end bullpen arm.
    Especially considering Chapman, pretty much right out of the box, was light years beyond what he predicts out of Iglesias, yet he's 'higher' on Iglesias. I'll go ahead and wait til he gets here before I put any stock into these pieces.

Perhaps someone can forward this to his people to speed up the process.

http://usa.visa.com/cardadvisor/CardAdvisor/
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Especially considering Chapman, pretty much right out of the box, was light years beyond what he predicts out of Iglesias, yet he's 'higher' on Iglesias. I'll go ahead and wait til he gets here before I put any stock into these pieces.
    He's not saying he's higher on Iglesias than the present-day Chapman. He admits to being wrong that Chapman's perceived immaturity didn't hurt his adjustment to MLB. What this guy is saying is he's very high on Iglesias' maturity and work ethic. He also likes him very much as a late-inning reliever, but doubts he will be a starter or closer in MLB.
    2015 All-Star Game hosts and (probably not) World Series champs

It's a good thing he signed a seven-year deal. It may take that long to get his visa issues straightened out.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

18. Likes:

JaxRed (08-06-2014), REDREAD (08-06-2014), redsmetz (08-06-2014)

Turn Off Ads?