Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 7/5/14 - Reds vs. Brewers

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: 7/5/14 - Reds vs. Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Just sit around and hope it gets better. The Jocketty way.
    Not much I can really say about this post!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Not much I can really say about this post!!!
    I have more exclamation points!!! !

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

You want a cookie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what we're yelling about!!!!

Just sit around and hope it gets better. The Jocketty way.
    The hyper-activity of Bowden and Krivsky really generated a lot of success, huh?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

7. Likes:

villain612 (07-06-2014)

We're wither facing from tremendous pitching (even from guys who have ERA's at 4+) or we have the dumbest hitters in the history of the game. Either way, this team hs been shut out 10 times this year and several of them 1-0. We've avoided being no-hit and yet we see the same thing in each of those--just a poor construction of lineup and a poor knowledge of the strike zone. Jay and Joey are shadows of their former selves because of injuries. Ludwick is held out when he doesn't hit just because and his stastics are better than Shumacher's. This is a fastball hitting team and teams have learned that and rarely, except when they make a mistake, throw curves. That won't last over time, but for now the Reds are their own worst enemy. It will turn around, but we are fighting for the wild card and two of our own division are ahead of us. It might take a miracle, but I believe in miracles to a point.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The hyper-activity of Bowden and Krivsky really generated a lot of success, huh?
    Not. I do believe that the big contracts for Joey and others have tied Walt's hands. In racing we say you have to spend money you don't have to make speed. Maybe it's time for Walt to spend money to make money?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    We're wither facing from tremendous pitching (even from guys who have ERA's at 4+) or we have the dumbest hitters in the history of the game. Either way, this team hs been shut out 10 times this year and several of them 1-0. We've avoided being no-hit and yet we see the same thing in each of those--just a poor construction of lineup and a poor knowledge of the strike zone. Jay and Joey are shadows of their former selves because of injuries. Ludwick is held out when he doesn't hit just because and his stastics are better than Shumacher's. This is a fastball hitting team and teams have learned that and rarely, except when they make a mistake, throw curves. That won't last over time, but for now the Reds are their own worst enemy. It will turn around, but we are fighting for the wild card and two of our own division are ahead of us. It might take a miracle, but I believe in miracles to a point.

I am surprised you are this optimistic, with the injury to Joey and Jay regressing badly.....I mean the injury cannot be an excuse for him being unable to flat out not even hit at all, for even doubles power.

Walt's inability to do anything and if it is due to money then be more creative. I don't mean sticking Pena as the 1B either if Joey goes back on the DL.

Turn Off Ads?