Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: 7/6/14 Reds v. Brewers

Re: 7/6/14 Reds v. Brewers

Price: Chapman was unavailable with a hamstring tweak. "Hopefully he'll be available tomorrow."

source: some dude who says he is a writer on Twitter. Without parsing through everything, he seems somewhat reputable.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

@LanceMcAlister: 36th time #Reds pitchers have allowed 2 runs or less in 87 games.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Now they play a 5-game series with the Cubs where they will NOT face Hammel, Samardzija, and probably not Arrieta either.

I like it.
    Scary, especially for those of us who saw them get Pico'd back in the day.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Price: Chapman was unavailable with a hamstring tweak. "Hopefully he'll be available tomorrow."

source: some dude who says he is a writer on Twitter. Without parsing through everything, he seems somewhat reputable.

Good work.

If someone had told me we'd go 6-4 on the road trip and then take 2 out of 3 re milwaukee, I would have signed for it. Still upset about the San Diego debacle and yesterday's loss. But we are grinding and that's the important thing.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 07-06-2014 at 04:19 PM.

7. Likes:

kaldaniels (07-06-2014), redsmetz (07-07-2014)

I was just kidding about Pena. MLB allows for paternity leave but I don't think for god-paternity.

Pay attention to the open sky

There's no Walt only Zuul villain612's Avatar

Cardinals lose
    "The key to winning baseball games is pitching, fundamentals, and three run homers."

10. Likes:

Raisor (07-06-2014), reds1869 (07-06-2014), Tom Servo (07-06-2014)

Great game by latos. I hope this is the beginning of a Bruce breakout Month. Broxton is the only reliever that the reds have been able to get anything out of after signing an extension. Great work from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    C'mon man, how can you assume Schafer was going to catch that?
    I agree with you. IMO if an outfielder has to jump for the ball you can't assume an out. I thought it should have been ruled a double. It looked to me like Schafer had overjumped the ball a little. I believe the ball would have hit the heel of his glove at best. Whether he would have made the catch is very subjective. I think that can be another tweak for the replay system.

Also why didn't that guy get ejected? I thought if yo uinterfered with play it was an automatic ejection. The only thing I can figure is that they felt he was getting his punishment by having having hear his wife telling him "I told you so." for about three hours.

Good win for the Reds to hang in the race. I still think they needed a sweep in that series to really feel good about it. Getting swept in San Diego really hurt this teams chances this season. We may look back on that series as the season killer.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 07-07-2014 at 08:34 AM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I agree with you. IMO if an outfielder has to jump for the ball you can't assume an out. I thought it should have been ruled a double. It looked to me like Schafer had overjumped the ball a little. I believe the ball would have hit the heel of his glove at best. Whether he would have made the catch is very subjective. I think that can be another tweak for the replay system.

Also why didn't that guy get ejected? I thought if yo uinterfered with play it was an automatic ejection. The only thing I can figure is that they felt he was getting his punishment by having having hear his wife telling him "I told you so." for about three hours.

Good win for the Reds to hang in the race. I still think they needed a sweep in that series to really feel good about it. Getting swept in San Diego really hurt this teams chances this season. We may look back on that series as the season killer.

1-5 against the Padres.

The 1962 Reds basically can trace their losing 3 out of 4 to the Mets during back to back DH in August (Union was weak, owners scheduled what they wanted) and then 2 out of 3 in September again...... for not catching or even passing the Giants and Dodgers that year. Crazy.

Turn Off Ads?