Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Woman convicted of killing two people trying to help baby ducks off of road...

Re: Woman convicted of killing two people trying to help baby ducks off of road...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    June 28th I walked 13 miles from Downtown Oregon City to Aurora so I could stake out if it was feasible to ride a bike along Hwy 99. Turns out that it wasn't even safe to walk along parts of that stretch. There are bike maps, but I wanted to see for myself the perils involved.
    Riding on 99 is whack, I wouldn't do it myself.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Woman convicted of killing two people trying to help baby ducks off of road...

I think she is basically being removed from society because she lacks complete and utter common sense in any situation as displayed by this incident. How she thought her actions were responsible in that situation is pretty scary (as nice as her intentions were).

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Riding on 99 is whack, I wouldn't do it myself.
    sidetrack on this thread, but what do you think of the idea of making Foster and Sandy bicycle only to 82nd ave, along with Willamette bicycle only. The roads are too slow for cars to be using in the first place, while they would make bike transit time safer and sensible. It would pull bikes from the main arteries and separate them from the autos. Then, there could be certain arteries that are auto only. Of course, I want Powell to be a MAX/Bike/Auto road all the way to Gresham.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

I've stopped to rescue animals on the road. Turtles, injured herons, etc. But never in the left lane and always in a visible spot on the shoulder. This is very difficult story to understand. First, the lady's lack of common sense and second, how the motorcyclist couldn't avoid her car. Details seem to be lacking.

oh...and its really hard to drive to the animal shelter with an injured heron in your car.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

6. Likes:

redhawkfish (07-09-2014)

I'd like to see a photos of the scene of the accident before criticizing the driver of the motorcycle. If this idiotic woman parked her car just over the crest of a hill or where the road curves, it's possible the motorcyclist had no time to react after seeing the vehicle. Regardless, this woman did something supremely stupid. She doesn't deserve life in prison (and she probably won't get much of a prison sentence because she's a white woman, the most privileged demographic when it comes to prison sentences), but she should get something.

Turn Off Ads?