Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Arroyo out for season - needing Tommy John Surgery

Arroyo out for season - needing Tommy John Surgery

Definitely a favorite player who speaks his peace and took blame when he was having a bad day/night. Sorry for the severe injury and at his age that may be the last of him as a player. hopefully not, and of course the Reds dodged a bunch of money by not extending him an offer

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Arroyo out for season - needing Tommy John Surgery

Hated to hear this. He says he wants to come back and pitch for a couple more years. I guess he'll just have to wait and see how his arm recovers.

The future question is how much will a team be willing to pay in the future if he is able to return.

Aaron Harang is 8-6 for the Braves to date and had a good season 14-7 in San D and they let him go and he bounced to several teams. So I'm not at all sure how decisions are made about pitchers who once upon a time were successful. This is Yo-Yo's first injury however.

Quote Originally Posted by WaiteHoyt View Post
    Definitely a favorite player who speaks his peace and took blame when he was having a bad day/night. Sorry for the severe injury and at his age that may be the last of him as a player. hopefully not, and of course the Reds dodged a bunch of money by not extending him an offer
    I underestimated Arroyo when he was with the Reds, seeing him as a finesse pitcher who cared more about his music than his pitching, but I have concede I was wrong about him. He was the most consistent starting pitcher the Reds had since Tom Browning. I hate reading about this injury, and I hope him the best in his recovery and that he get an extra year or two out of his arm.
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and [the St. Louis Cardinals]."--Benjamin Disraeli

I hate to see that Bronson needs this surgery and I wish him a speedy and full recovery. He is one of my all time favorite Reds and will eventually be in the Reds Hall of Fame.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

He has a lot of factors going against him for a successful return, mainly his age. If anyone can do it though, it's him.

I hope he returns and has at least one more good year. One of my favorite players to watch.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

How long was his deal with the Diamondbacks? It was just one year wasn't it?

2 years 23.5 mil with a team option for 2016
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Thanks. I couldn't remember if the option was for the 2nd year or potential 3rd year.

Man, really hate to hear that for him. Always a reliable inning eater and always took the ball his turn.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

i love Bronson but unfortunately his career may be over. The Reds really did the right move by letting him go

Turn Off Ads?