Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Briggs Myers Personality Test

Re: Briggs Myers Personality Test

Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    rather than simply take the test I very much recommend reading " Gifts Differing" by Isabel Briggs Myers. The whole point is to try to understand how you interact with the world to understand yourself better and to have better relationships with spouse/significant other, family, friends, coworkers, etc. Rather than just say "I'm an INFJ" and move on, you want to keep your personality type in mind as you go about your daily life. When you see that everyone isn't exactly like you then you can "understand where they are coming from" better.
    You need to read a book or take a test for that?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Beltway View Post
    What's amusing and sad is when this is turned into some sort of relationship test. Some types of supposedly more compatible than others. I personally think that's bull. There's too much that goes into compatibility that has absolutely nothing to do with MBTI type. But anyway, one example is that ENFPs and INFJs supposedly make great matches. There's a psychology internet forum I used to frequent where almost every time a female "INFJ" joined, she'd be swarmed by male "ENFPs" trying to "get to know her". That happened with other type combinations, but the ENFP/INFJ combination was the most obvious and frequent.
    Absolutely.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    You need to read a book or take a test for that?
    Yes, I think some people do need to be made to understand that. A lot of people think those around them have the same motives internally that they do or that the same things "make them tick." Some folks learn easier than others that this isn't true.

I think everyone whose results start with an 'E' should be forced to stay in bed until noon.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Introvert(67%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(100%) Judging(1%)

I guess I think a lot. My wife says I'm a Vulcan.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

"I" s should stop going out of their way to make "E"'s feel like they're anything other than what they are --- useless.

ISFP
    Introvert(100%) Sensing(12%) Feeling(62%) Perceiving(11%)

ISFP
    You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
    You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
    You have distinct preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
    You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

I'm surprised actually, I think I am described much more accurately by the INFP type. I would also say that I have changed tremendously since my heart surgery and death of my wife. I cry much, much easier, battle quick-to-arise emotions, and have become far more "sappy" than I was when I was young. I was also a LOT more extrverted and less prone to being swayed by emotional feelings.
    Last edited by RedlegJake; 11-09-2014 at 09:00 AM.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    My aunt used to administer this test and give workshops on it. If I remember correctly, the introvert/extravert terms in Myers Briggs have nothing to do with the way we traditionally think of them -- how sociable you are, etc. It has more to do with where you derive your energy from, whether you garner it from within or are spurred to action by other people. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but is that what you mean? Am I remembering right?

I haven't taken the test since she gave it to me at 14, when I was an INFP, and with that internet test just now I'm an ENFP, but with the E a negligible 1% (the results told me to read both descriptions). So the internet has me pegged, big surprise. I do remember the test she gave me being a LOT longer, with multiple sections.
    It's rare I ever meet other INFPs. I think we're a rare breed.

I also can't tell you how many times I've had to explain what it really means to be an introvert. I'm very much an introvert, but it's not so clear upon first meeting me. It becomes more clear once someone gets to know me better, which is faircly counter intuitive. I've sent many a people to the TED talk on introversion.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I've taken it numerous times and always get INTP and did again: http://www.humanmetrics.com/hr/JType...8&TF=12&JP=-22

Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(38%) Thinking(12%) Perceiving(22%)
    • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
    • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
    • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
    • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

I also find that the descriptions of INTP on various websites are easily the most accurate. Here's a particularly accurate one: http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INTP.html
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 11-23-2014 at 01:31 AM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Turn Off Ads?