Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lebron back to Ohio?

Lebron back to Ohio?

Cleveland just cleared enough cap space to make room for a max contract

Welcome home, Lebron

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lebron back to Ohio?

I'm actually starting to believe this could happen.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Would Cleveland fans accept him back and embrace him as they did before he went to Miami? There was a lot of bitterness on how he left. Sports fans are pretty fickle though, so I'm guessing all would be forgiven.

Personally, I can't stand the guy and I'm not an NBA fan, so I could care less where he goes. I just tire of the constant media attention he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Would Cleveland fans accept him back and embrace him as they did before he went to Miami? There was a lot of bitterness on how he left. Sports fans are pretty fickle though, so I'm guessing all would be forgiven.

Personally, I can't stand the guy and I'm not an NBA fan, so I could care less where he goes. I just tire of the constant media attention he gets.
    I remember being surprised at the vitriol expressed towards Jr. when he came home. And he had never played for the Reds.
    But if James brings the wins, it's probably a little different, don't you think? Winning cures a lot.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post

I don't care for Bron Bron either. I don't watch the NBA sans for the playoffs and maybe a time or two when I am visiting relatives. I don't care for all the media attention he gets, I just don't care. I am interested in where Bron Bron goes because right now it is the 2nd leading story in sports (after the World Cup). As someone who watched the NBA during Michael's reign and pretty much stopped after that, here are my thoughts. Bron Bron has always been worried about his legacy. He joined Wade and Bosh to win championships, not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4...7, because he wanted to catch Jordan. He got all kinds of backlash he didn't expect for his poor Decision. Right now I think his legacy is tarnished a little bit for having to join em in order to beat em. I think he has two options here, go back to Miami or go to Cleveland. He can't become a guy who is the best player in the NBA and also a mercenary, going to wherever he has the best chance to win now but will change the next season.

I think it comes down to, does he want to go back to Miami with an aging and ineffective Wade and Bosh? Or does he want to go to Cleveland with Irving, Wiggins, and a bunch of young talent? I think he goes to Cleveland, as long as he can reconcile somewhat with Gilbert. Gilbert may be Miami's only chance.

7. Likes:

Joseph (07-09-2014)

jredmo2

Cleveland fans are so desperate for a championship, the Decision would become a distant memory.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

10. Likes:

blumj (07-09-2014),Chip R (07-10-2014),cumberlandreds (07-09-2014),Joseph (07-09-2014),paintmered (07-09-2014),Slyder (07-09-2014),WMR (07-09-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I am interested in where Bron Bron goes because right now it is the 2nd leading story in sports (after the World Cup).
    How do we know this? Is it based on facts or is it just because this is the story the sports media is spoon feeding us? I have a lot of friends who are sports nuts, not one of them care about the NBA or James. I realize that's not a scientific analysis, just my observation.

I joke around with my friends about how ESPN should rename themselves to ELJN. He is their top story everyday. Just went to their website and low and behold, his mug is on the front page and the top three story lines are LeBron related, and I fear it will only get worse if he goes back to Cleveland. For that reason alone, I hope he stays in Miami, or goes anywhere else but Cleveland.

From Rotoworld w/ Rotoworld comments:

A radio host for ESPN Cleveland reported on Wednesday that the Cavaliers "have a deal in place" for Kevin Love, but the report has been refuted by Wolves beat writer Jon Krawczynski.

Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio also reported that the Cavs may be "pursuing" Love, but the report of a done deal was simply incorrect. The Cavs do have enough assets to offer a compelling package if they go that direction, with No. 1 pick Andrew Wiggins as the primary draw, but they'd be unlikely to pull the trigger with LeBron James still in play.

Source: Tony Rizzo on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-09-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

A radio host for ESPN Cleveland reported on Wednesday that the Cavaliers "have a deal in place" for Kevin Love, but the report has been refuted by Wolves beat writer Jon Krawczynski.

Sam Amico of Fox Sports Ohio also reported that the Cavs may be "pursuing" Love, but the report of a done deal was simply incorrect. The Cavs do have enough assets to offer a compelling package if they go that direction, with No. 1 pick Andrew Wiggins as the primary draw, but they'd be unlikely to pull the trigger with LeBron James still in play.

Source: Tony Rizzo on Twitter
    So would they have money for both Bron AND Love? If so (I'm not going to even try to understand the NBA salary cap) are you looking at the following....
    PG Kyrie Irving
    SG Dion Waiters
    SF LeBron James
    PF Tristan Thompson
    C Kevin Love
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

The NBA announced the 2014-15 salary cap will be $63.065 million and the tax level also increases to $76.829 million.

This is up from just under $59 million last year and now players can officially be signed on Thursday. This is basically the expectation coming in from most teams, so it's not really going to have any major effects in how free agency shakes out. Additionally, the cap apron will also increase to $80.829 million for teams using non-taxpayer exceptions, and the salary floor is at $56.759 million.

The Cavaliers are pursuing a Kevin Love trade with the Wolves, contingent on the signing of LeBron James, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.

It's one thing to pursue a trade, it's another to make it. The Cavs have a lot of speculation surrounding their team right now, but adding Kevin Love to LeBron makes sense considering they'd need some help up front. The Cavs would almost certainly have to give up Andrew Wiggins to make this deal work while also getting rid of guys like Anderson Varejao.

Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Sounds like its a done deal. 8:00 announcement expected.

Chris Sheridan is the source.
    Last edited by redsfan30; 07-09-2014 at 07:40 PM.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I'm not an NBA fan, and not a LeBron fan, but for whatever reason I'd like him to go back.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

1948 has always been a special year for me and my northern friends. Granted 1990 is getting further and further away.

I would like to see LeBron go back to Cleveland. I probably wouldn't root for him, but it would be something to give my Cleveland friend hope.

Turn Off Ads?