Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillips hurt- Torn thumb ligament, out ~6 Weeks

Re: Phillips hurt

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    If by "we" you mean the Reds...I agree. If by "we" you mean Redszone....nope. I fully expect Redszone to become an out of control tire fire during those 4 days.
    We=the Reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

John Fay @johnfayman 26s
    Phillips is still being evaluated. Hamilton could be ready as soon as tomorrow. Both remain on active roster
    #reds

looking at the reds lineup today (bruce gets a day off aswell) I really hope that they are back (healthy) soon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This.

I have a facebook "friend" that constantly rags on "Dave DUMBrowski" because even though the Tigers win their division every single year they have not won the World Series. This opinion is actually shared among more Tigers fans than one would think, it's crazy.
    Take Mark Martin. NASCAR driver who never won a championship after something like 20 years. He is a Hall of Famer. He didn't win one, but he gave fans a a lot of thrills. If winning a championship; a World Series, or even making it in with the playoff system as it is, is the line between success and failure, we're really out of whack as sports fans.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

6. Likes:

Big Klu (07-10-2014), redsmetz (07-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    looking at the reds lineup today (bruce gets a day off aswell) I really hope that they are back (healthy) soon
    Just makes zero sense to give Jay today of all days off. We're down 3 of our best position players (Votto, BP, Billy), Bruce is on fire, the AS break is just around the corner (a time for him to get 4 days off) ... just makes no sense to me.

This is the second time the Reds are trying to give a game away in this series. Let's hope the Cubs fail to take it like the last time.

PS: I like Bryan Price a lot. But with the AS break right around the corner and our lineup already missing 3 studs, it's the wrong time to give Jay a day off IMO.
    All-Star Game hosts and World Series champs in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    Just makes zero sense to give Jay today of all days off. We're down 3 of our best position players (Votto, BP, Billy), Bruce is on fire, the AS break is just around the corner (a time for him to get 4 days off) ... just makes no sense to me.
    Probably has more to do with having played so games lately, day game after a night game, and the Pirates coming into town. No reason getting too greedy after already taking 4 in a row from the Cubbies. Keep Jay fresh so he can help against Pittsburgh, because heaven knows they need him to stay healthy at this time.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Probably has more to do with having played so games lately, day game after a night game, and the Pirates coming into town. No reason getting too greedy after already taking 4 in a row from the Cubbies. Keep Jay fresh so he can help against Pittsburgh, because heaven knows they need him to stay healthy at this time.
    Using that rationale, why not give Frazier the day off too? He'll be playing in the AS Game and arguably needs the "rest" more than Bruce. I just think with the AS break around the corner, Jay doesn't really need "rest" today. He can rest after the game, all night and all day tomorrow before the Pirates game. He's a young man -- not some 35-year-old vet.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

This is the second time the Reds are trying to give a game away in this series. Let's hope the Cubs fail to take it like the last time.

PS: I like Bryan Price a lot. But with the AS break right around the corner and our lineup already missing 3 studs, it's the wrong time to give Jay a day off IMO.
    Price confuses me as much as Dusty did with lineups. He seems to look at the big picture instead of each day or game like Dusty did. That said, you cannot argue with success. I'll be the first to say, like you, that looking at that lineup without Bruce boggles my mind. Let's hope it works.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

11. Likes:

Chuckie (07-10-2014), villain612 (07-10-2014)

Using that rationale, why not give Frazier the day off too? He'll be playing in the AS Game and arguably needs the "rest" more than Bruce. I just think with the AS break around the corner, Jay doesn't really need "rest" today. He can rest after the game, all night and all day tomorrow before the Pirates game. He's a young man -- not some 35-year-old vet.
    Frazier was getting last night off though, until guys started dropping like flies late in the game.

I'll be honest, I would rather see Bruce in there too, at least at 1B. But, with him playing in every game recently, plus all the work he was putting in pregame working on 1B, he likely does need a breather.

Todd just had a day off.

Bruce probably would prefer to play today, but Price has the big picture in mind. Give him a breather so he can be fresh for the Pittsburgh series. I am sure if needed, the Reds won't hesitate using Jay or Mez as PH'ers today.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

If Chuckie is against it then we'll do ok.

15. Likes:

bigredmechanism (07-11-2014), Chuckie (07-10-2014), dubc47834 (07-10-2014), Patrick Bateman (07-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    If Chuckie is against it then we'll do ok.
    Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I agree with this opinion. But it'd be nice if you actually held our savior to the same standard. Instead, we get to hear how awesome he is at taking walks so Bruce or Phillips can strikeout vs very good pitching.
    So I should openly talk about how the guy who gets on base far more than anyone else on the team should be moved down in the lineup?

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I agree with this opinion. But it'd be nice if you actually held our savior to the same standard. Instead, we get to hear how awesome he is at taking walks so Bruce or Phillips can strikeout vs very good pitching.
    When you blame the hitter who walks in front of two guys who strike out, it's likely time to start watching another sport.

19. Likes:

Always Red (07-10-2014), dubc47834 (07-10-2014), Edd Roush (07-10-2014), Raisor (07-10-2014), villain612 (07-10-2014), wheels (07-10-2014)

Doesn't look good for Phillips....Harper missed 57 games with a similar injury

Turn Off Ads?