Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Sickels Top 75 Prospects at Midseason

John Sickels Top 75 Prospects at Midseason

Stephenson at 13 (down from 8).
    Winker at 32
    Lorenzen (surprisingly to me) didn't make the top 75.

http://www.minorleagueball.com/2014/...e-2014-sickels

My personal rankings would have Stephenson ~15, Winker ~25, and Lorenzen in the 40-50 range.
    Last edited by Benihana; 07-14-2014 at 06:55 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: John Sickels Top 75 Prospects at Midseason

How about a link?

Interesting, he has Lively ranked 135 and Lorenzen NR. Or is that last years rankings?

Rankings coming into the year.

I am a big Jesse Winker fan. Hopefully he gets a shot to win the LF battle next season.

Hamilton, Votto, Frazier, Bruce, Mesoraco, Winker, Phillips, Cozart

2015 lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by JMO View Post
    Hamilton, Votto, Frazier, Bruce, Mesoraco, Winker, Phillips, Cozart

2015 lineup.
    Maybe July of 2015 lineup, and that is if Winker tears the cover off the ball.

Have to remember he is really young and just started playing at AA.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Maybe July of 2015 lineup, and that is if Winker tears the cover off the ball.

Have to remember he is really young and just started playing at AA.
    If he follows Bruce's development arc, he'll be promoted to the majors sometime in late May or early June of next year. But I never base expectations of one player upon the performance of another. Winker will be up when he's ready.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Lorenzen isn't striking anyone out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I've been saying this as well. The good news is that it sounds like Lorenzen is a ground ball machine who gets a lot of easy outs early in counts. The scouting report on him is good control, but nasty enough stuff to strike you out when need be.

I still love Lively's K rate though. And yes, I know K rate is not the end all, be all. But with Lively, it's just just his K rate. He was dominant at Bakersfield in a hitter's league. Absolutely dominant. And his early numbers at Pensacola aren't all that far behind Stephenson's.

Bottom line: We're loaded with good pitching prospects. That's a good feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Doesn't matter much at this point. He's got elite level stuff and is literally learning to pitch every time he steps on the mound. He's still learning finer points of things that most of the other guys around him have known about for 4+ years.

The biggest thing against Lorenzen in my opinion is the complete lack of a workload to build upon. We don't know how the stuff holds up for 120+ innings. We don't know if the control holds up for that many innings.

At the end of the article there is a list of other players considered. Lively, Ervin and Lorenzin all are in that group.

I'm no scout, but I have a hard time seeing Winker as an everyday LF next year just based upon experience. I'd be very happy with him arriving Opening Day 2016 and that may be pushing it. Then again, I didn't think Billy would be ready Opening Day this year either....

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyecat View Post
    I'm no scout, but I have a hard time seeing Winker as an everyday LF next year just based upon experience. I'd be very happy with him arriving Opening Day 2016 and that may be pushing it. Then again, I didn't think Billy would be ready Opening Day this year either....
    What makes you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyecat View Post
    Why? He's already in AA and he's had a really mature approach at the plate from the moment he entered the system.

Turn Off Ads?