Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: 7/18/14 Redlegs @ Fightin' Jeters

Re: 7/18/14 Redlegs @ Fightin' Jeters

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    ??
    I think our bench is useless. "Short" is certainly correct but almost a compliment.

2. Likes:

toledodan (07-18-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    Thanks for that awesome symbolic representation of two brain cells in a titanic struggle for supremacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I don't know the plan either but I don't watch a game like this and think "Wow, the GM is such an idiot". I see Leake continuing to struggle and Hamilton, Frazier, and Rocco doing nothing. So we lost. It happens. Win tomorrow.
    This game is absolutely the kind of game where someone would come onto the game thread and voice their displeasure with the 100 pitchers on the roster and absolute garbage bench. The same bench that allowed Ramon Santiago to end a nine inning game without a bench bat being used.

I don't see what's so shocking about what I posted. I also never called the GM an idiot.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

6. Likes:

toledodan (07-18-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I don't see what's so shocking about what I posted. I also never called the GM an idiot.
    I don't think I quoted you or singled out your post.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Are you a 100% or nothing guy? I really think Walt has done a good job overall but do not understand what he is doing with the roster right now.
    I'd like Walt to make a move and get a guy like Zobrist or something but tonight's loss couldn't be pinned on Walt.

Pena, Heisey, Santiago - guys that shouldn't be playing everyday and are the reason to get a Zobrist - actually produced today.

Hamilton, Frazier, Bruce, and Rocco all laid an egg tonight. That's why we lost. Unless you wanna replace one of them (or Mike Leake) then Walt is a non-factor tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Quote Originally Posted by villain612 View Post
    I'd like Walt to make a move and get a guy like Zobrist or something but tonight's loss couldn't be pinned on Walt.

Pena, Heisey, Santiago - guys that shouldn't be playing everday and are the reason to get a Zobrist - actually produced today.

Hamilton, Frazier, Bruce, and Rocco all laid an egg tonight. That's why we lost. Unless you wanna replace one of them (or Mike Leake) then Walt is a non-factor tonight.
    I don't really care about one game actually. I don't expect Mes, Bruce, and Hamilton to struggle like this obviously. I DO expect major troubles long term if he doesn't get to work and improve the bench in some meaningful way. It's not anyone's job but his to produce a roster with decent depth. You don't even have to give me anywhere near a very good player like Zobrist. Go out and work like Sandy Alderson and give me a 50 year old Bobby Abreu.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

10. Likes:

toledodan (07-18-2014),Tony Cloninger (07-18-2014)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

??
    Fixed It For You
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

12. Likes:

toledodan (07-18-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by villain612 View Post
    Hamilton, Frazier, Bruce, and Rocco all laid an egg tonight. That's why we lost.
    It's not that they laid an egg, but that they didn't love their daughters enough.

14. Likes:

757690 (07-18-2014),Chip R (07-18-2014),Raisor (07-19-2014),Red Raindog (07-18-2014),Tom Servo (07-18-2014),villain612 (07-18-2014)

It's not so much losing this game for me. It's frustrating with votto and Phillips out walt hasn't helped the club any.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

I don't really care about one game actually. I don't expect Mes, Bruce, and Hamilton to struggle like this obviously. I DO expect major troubles long term if he doesn't get to work and improve the bench in some meaningful way. It's not anyone's job but his to produce a roster with decent depth. You don't even have to give me anywhere near a very good player like Zobrist. Go out and work like Sandy Alderson and give me a 50 year old Bobby Abreu.

Yeah, it would be sweet if the Reds could trade places with the Mets leadership right now.

For the record, Schumaker would have been activated, had he passed his concussion tests today.

I don't know if he would have replaced a pitcher, or one of Negron/Lutz/Soto.

It's not so much losing this game for me. It's frustrating with votto and Phillips out walt hasn't helped the club any.
    If we get to August 1st and no move has been made I'll share you frustration but with two weeks until the deadline I'm trying to give Walt the benefit of the doubt. Prices could drop for guys and more teams could look to sell two weeks from now. I don't want Walt to panic and make a stupid trade just out of desperation.

And for the record I think Walt did a really good job upgrading the bench from last season to this season. The problem is with all the injuries much of his bench have turned into starters and the new bench is pretty lousy. I don't know how many teams in baseball though would have a good bench when Santiago, Pena, and Heisey are all forced into the starting lineup. I don't think this is a Walt issue.

19. Likes:

Red Raindog (07-19-2014)

Given the Reds injuries, subpar hitting by some, no deals to improve offense -- and some tough games coming up -- Reds might be in for some .500 ball or maybe even less for the next few series.

But then the schedule gets easier. So hopefully they either get healthier (Votto?), or add a bat or just go on an offensive roll pretty soon.

The DH really exposes many NL lineups, since they don't have the additional big bat.
    Last edited by Kc61; 07-18-2014 at 11:16 PM.

It is probably better not to post after seeing the highlights of this game ...coming home from work...and seeing a pedestrian type pitcher like Phelps beat this team.

It would also be nice not to have Lutz and Soto, but especially Lutz with a short RF and being a LH and all... not rot on the bench because this manager refuses to even try him.

If he is not going to try him, then Walt does Need to make a trade. He has to bring in someone this manager will trust to use.

As far as Hamilton, Devin and Frazier.....all 3 have done more than enough to help this year. They need a Bruce breakout for 2 weeks at least where he is on everything.

Turn Off Ads?