Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gotta admit I love me some Brayan Pena....

gotta admit I love me some Brayan Pena....

poor Wily Mo isn't even the best Reds Pena....admittedly I wasn't jazzed about the Pena signing initially but his attitude is so refreshing and it doesn't hurt that he produces now and again

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: gotta admit I love me some Brayan Pena....

Pena has been a great addition, very reminiscent to me of Ramon Hernandez in 09 who had some big hits, played 1B when Votto went down, and seemed to be a popular presence in the clubhouse.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

4. Likes:

dfs (07-19-2014)

I too was less than enthused when I first read about Pena's signing, but as far as I am concerned, whomever made that decision (Walt?) hit a HR. While he might not play at an all-star level, he does produce at a nice level and, as has been mentioned, that attitude. You just KNOW that it is infectious. Someone in the clubhouse having a bad day? Have 'em hang close with Pena for a couple of hours. I have also ended up really enjoying having Skip on the team as well. Guy seems to have a fantastic work ethic and is probably a great mentor for some of the younger fellas. Hope he gets over his concussion very soon.

He's impossible not to root for.

Fun player, and I love his enthusiasm, but if the Reds are seriously considering relying on him as a regular first baseman and middle-of-the-lineup bat for six weeks, that's a problem.

8. Likes:

RedEye (07-19-2014),RichRed (07-19-2014),RiverRat13 (07-19-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Fun player, and I love his enthusiasm, but if the Reds are seriously considering relying on him as a regular first baseman and middle-of-the-lineup bat for six weeks, that's a problem.
    agree... I´m a bit surprised to see Pena play 1b today while Lutz is the dh. I thought Lutz is the better defensively on 1b but who knows
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    poor Wily Mo isn't even the best Reds Pena....admittedly I wasn't jazzed about the Pena signing initially but his attitude is so refreshing and it doesn't hurt that he produces now and again
    Brayan has a long way to go to match the 2004 season that Wily Mo put up for the Reds best Pena.

11. Likes:

redsfanmia (07-19-2014)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    agree... I´m a bit surprised to see Pena play 1b today while Lutz is the dh. I thought Lutz is the better defensively on 1b but who knows
    I'm still trying to figure out why Lutz is playing over Soto. Soto hit well in Triple-A. Lutz hit like he was completely and utterly overmatched. So both get to the big leagues and Lutz, who had a sub .300 OBP gets the first start over Soto who had a .333 AVG?

Awesome signing. Reds knew Hanny was not a long term option. Loved him but he has been on the DL for Tampa 2 or 3 times. Pena knows his role and quietly becoming a team
    Leader.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Brayan has a long way to go to match the 2004 season that Wily Mo put up for the Reds best Pena.
    Waaaahhh, waaaahhhh, whooooooooomp.

Thanks, Dougie Downer.

("Hey, this steak is great." ... "Well, you know you could get e-coli poisoning from it.")

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    Waaaahhh, waaaahhhh, whooooooooomp.

Thanks, Dougie Downer.

("Hey, this steak is great." ... "Well, you know you could get e-coli poisoning from it.")
    Completely unfair.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Wily Mo hit 26 home runs in part-time play that season and was basically the only thing worth watching on a completely garbage Reds team. That's no shot at Brayan Pena.

Wily Mo hit 26 home runs in part-time play that season and was basically the only thing worth watching on a completely garbage Reds team. That's no shot at Brayan Pena.
    Dunn had 46 HR and 34 doubles while OPS of .956 and an OPS+ of 147

18. Likes:

PuffyPig (07-19-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Dunn had 46 HR and 34 doubles while OPS of .956 and an OPS+ of 147
    He was good too. That was a slow-pitch softball team. Pretty sure Jimenez and Felipe had a keg on second base for most of the year.

He was good too. That was a slow-pitch softball team. Pretty sure Jimenez and Felipe had a keg on second base for most of the year.
    GREAT pitching!

Turn Off Ads?