Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jesse Winker

Re: Jesse Winker

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    More than top secret.It's super classified top secret with alpha level clearance eyes only.

- - - Updated - - -

I would if I knew, but I honestly wasn't told that. But I wouldn't count on him playing in the next few weeks at least.
    If Doug speaks of it, he goes on "Double Secret Probation" (if he isn't already).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    If Doug speaks of it, he goes on "Double Secret Probation" (if he isn't already).
    I spoke of it, but I got the ok to spill the beans. I may have pushed a little bit given that braves dropped some of the bomb on Redszone though.

Well dang! I was harboring hopes that Winker might go on a real tear the second half and parlay that into the Cincy LF jobin the Spring. Now with this kind of injury, I don't see him debuting earlier than July or August. May be a big opporunity for Waldrop or even Yorman to get a leg up.

It seems clear now though that the Reds are going to need to add a frontline LF bat between now and next Spring. It would be nice if that OFer were able to play two or three spots for some versatility in case of injury, poor play or Winker showing himself to be ready.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 07-22-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Blue Wahoos announcer Tommy Thrall just said on the broadcast that they are expecting him to miss 2-4 weeks.

My commentary: Only 5 weeks left in the season. I might pack it in and tell him he's going to the Arizona Fall League, get 100 PA and get ready for Spring Training with the big club.

6. Likes:

Benihana (07-22-2014), kaldaniels (07-22-2014), nmculbreth (07-23-2014), OGB (07-23-2014), PepperJack (07-22-2014), RED VAN HOT (07-23-2014), Rojo (07-23-2014), Tom Servo (07-23-2014)

It might just be 2-4 weeks until he's cleared to play, but I always hate hand/wrist issues because the effects always seem to linger well after they are technically healed.

More than top secret.It's super classified top secret with alpha level clearance eyes only.
    Now, does anyone talking about his tendon have to phrase it as "......Winkers torn tendon, which was first reported by dougdirt.....". I'm weak in my citation skills.

Saved the official update for the pay site. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Saved the official update for the pay site. Not bad.
    Who did what?

This is beyond stupid. Tough enough with the the major league team and now we have to deal with injuries to players you hope can help soon.

The 2 OF's in Bakersfield, same thing. 1st guy breaks his leg early in the year. Year wasted. Now the other guy goes down, the one with the great walk to So ratio.

Sorry names escape me and I am not going to call them both Silva, because only one of them is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    This is beyond stupid. Tough enough with the the major league team and now we have to deal with injuries to players you hope can help soon.

The 2 OF's in Bakersfield, same thing. 1st guy breaks his leg early in the year. Year wasted. Now the other guy goes down, the one with the great walk to So ratio.

Sorry names escape me and I am not going to call them both Silva, because only one of them is.
    The one that suffered the leg injury was Junior Arias.

Enough of this. Let's pull all the prospects off the field and put them under a bubble until this year passes.

15. Likes:

malcontent (07-23-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    The one that suffered the leg injury was Junior Arias.
    Thank You. He looked like a world beater in 8 games and now who knows how this break will affect him.

No surgery for Winker on a hand...... this did not affect that good hitting 2B Rodriguez a few years back?

Less hitting talent I am sure but he just went downhill after that.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Enough of this. Let's pull all the prospects off the field and put them under a bubble until this year passes.
    The Reds in the plastic bubble. Perfect.

Who did what?
    You wrote about the story on your site instead of here. I feel so hurt and betrayed

Turn Off Ads?