Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Setting up email for iphone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Setting up email for iphone

I keep trying to set up my phones email and everytime it tells me the pop email or password is wrong.

I have done everything. I know my email and password arent wrong because this is my work account and use it every day.

I looked at my bosses phone and everything on his phone is the exact same as what im putting in and it still isnt working. CAlled apple and of course its a charge just to get a little help. Yea, Im not paying a fee for this. Has anyone had this problem and know a solution?

Re: Setting up email for iphone

If you have more than 1 email account try installing it and see if you have the same problem.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Also, anything case sensitive?
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Can you set it up as an IMAP account? I'm very unfamiliar with anything about IOS.

Generally if you're wanting to sync across multiple devices then IMAP is your best option.

It's not gmail is it?
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Talk to your IT department. If it's your work e-mail, it's possible that they have to work some magic on their end to allow you access.

Companies have tightened up on this for security reasons. I used to be able to set my work email up myself through the standard mail app on my phone. Then one day I woke up and, boom, it was gone, with the same message -- the password was wrong. Turns out the company had clamped down on getting e-mail this way and everybody's was shut down overnight. I had to install a specific app from which I now access my work e-mail. They sent me a link to a website and a temporary password and then I set it up myself. This is all on my personal phone.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

7. Likes:

KittyDuran (07-25-2014)

Most carriers block pop mail these days due to spammers. See if your pop email supports SSL and use those server settings if they exist.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Turn Off Ads?