Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Votto Continuing Treatment

Re: Votto Continuing Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    I hate off the record comments from within an organization. Have a spine and put your name to it if you are going to say it.
    Everyone would prefer if someone put their name on it. Everyone prefers on the record comments. However, without anonymous sources, we wouldn't know the true story in many instances. Which would you prefer? Being completely in the dark? Or occasionally getting some inside info because a source talked to someone (like Fay, for example, although his sources seem weak for the most part) but insisted that their name was not used in print? While it's not ideal, give me the latter scenario over the former every time. I wish I knew where the quotes were coming from, but at least I know what's going on with the team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would not be surprised to see Votto activated and Skip put on the 60 day DL today.
    “The guys we've had for the most part have been serviceable at this level.”

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-19-2014)

The statement by Fay below is what Votto needs to do. It would help ward off speculation about his injury and maybe help a few understand what he has gone through this summer. But I know too that to some people if they don't see a player walking on crutches with a cast then they must be faking it. Which is stupid. I know what I saw from Votto before he went on the DL the last time wasn't good at all. He could hardly run and had no power at all. He wasn't helping anyone by going out there and trying to play. He knew that too and decided to get completely well before he tried to comeback. I think by reports we are getting he's pretty near that. It might just be 2015 before we know for sure. But for the time being Votto would do a lot of good if he would just sit down with a reporter and explain his entire ordeal. It would go a long way in healing some bad feelings that may have been created.

That is perfectly within Votto's rights. But he might be better served to explain what he's going through and why it's taken him so long to return.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    Everyone would prefer if someone put their name on it. Everyone prefers on the record comments. However, without anonymous sources, we wouldn't know the true story in many instances. Which would you prefer? Being completely in the dark? Or occasionally getting some inside info because a source talked to someone (like Fay, for example, although his sources seem weak for the most part) but insisted that their name was not used in print? While it's not ideal, give me the latter scenario over the former every time. I wish I knew where the quotes were coming from, but at least I know what's going on with the team.
    Yes and no. While I like gaining an "insight" into the team that is only possible from anonymous sources. With quotes like the ones in Fay's story, we're not really gaining any insight.

Like WOY pointed out, an anonymous team source doesn't really give us much to place weight on. Literally anyone within the organization, and at various levels of knowledge as to Votto's status.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I don't think Votto would be getting near as much crap if it came out he tore his quad or something like that.

All we have now is the worst strain in the history of baseball, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

you really, really don't.

as woy stated someone within the organization doesn't mean someone in the know.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    you really, really don't.

as woy stated someone within the organization doesn't mean someone in the know.
    I disagree. For Fay (who is very conservative) to put something out there leads me to believe that more than just one rogue clubhouse attendant thinks Votto could have returned sooner. Not saying it's the majority opinion within the Reds' front office and clubhouse, but let's not pretend like it's the opinion of merely one or two people.

I disagree. For Fay (who is very conservative) to put something out there leads me to believe that more than just one rogue clubhouse attendant thinks Votto could have returned sooner. Not saying it's the majority opinion within the Reds' front office and clubhouse, but let's not pretend like it's the opinion of merely one or two people.
    Is it from his Dr.?

Is it from the head trainer?

Is it from Jocketty?

Is it from Price?

nope, because if it were, we'd know that.

then it is just water cooler talk and amounts to nothing.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

The biggest liar in the world is They Say. ~Douglas Malloch

13. Likes:

CySeymour (09-19-2014),HeatherC1212 (09-19-2014),KronoRed (09-20-2014),Larkin Fan (09-19-2014),Mike Honcho (09-19-2014),Old school 1983 (09-20-2014),PepperJack (09-20-2014),Tom Servo (09-19-2014),villain612 (09-20-2014)

He did return before he was ready and we saw what happened.

15. Likes:

Always Red (09-19-2014)

Not everything has to turn into a conspiracy theory, Chuckie. You're connecting a lot of questionable dots here. And you're making some up, too.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

17. Likes:

Larkin Fan (09-20-2014),RedlegJake (09-20-2014),TRF (09-22-2014)

There are so many things we don't know when it comes to these situations. At the end of the day, I'll place my faith in the Reds FO and their medical staff.

It wouldn't be a surprise to me that Votto could have been cleared to play earlier but with the season effectively a waste, they decided to protect their $200 million dollar investment and just get him healthy for next year. That's what I would've done anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

19. Likes:

Old school 1983 (09-20-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Is it from his Dr.?
    Is it from the head trainer?
    Is it from Jocketty?
    Is it from Price?
    nope, because if it were, we'd know that.
    then it is just water cooler talk and amounts to nothing.
    I'll agree with Chuckie to a certain extent. I think it definitely speaks to the fact there are people within the organization(and to put it more specifically on the team) who are the whispering wimps here.

In my opinion, it speaks less about Votto's actual ability, toughness, etc... and more about the unnamed snakes that are on the team. Of course because they're brave enough to be anonymous here, we have no idea how many see it fit to decide whether or not Votto's tough enough to play, or how many are not tough enough to call him out for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...otto/15981059/

Obviously, time is running out for a return. After Saturday, the Reds have seven games left. Votto did fine running the bases, but it sounds like his return is doubtful.

"He's not pain-free," Price said. "He's not 100 percent and he won't be at any time during the rest of this season. So the question is do we want to play him at less than 100 percent. He still hasn't seen any live pitching."

Turn Off Ads?