Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Votto Continuing Treatment

Votto Continuing Treatment

With the other thread locked down, I figured I would post this update here.

For those interested in Votto's recovery,

Joey Votto has had a second platelet-rich plasma injection, Reds manager Bryan Price said, but his prognosis hasn't changed -- his return to the field is still a giant question mark.

"This isn't going to be a simple recovery that we can put a timeline on," Price said. "He had a second PRP injection here a couple of days ago and a couple of recovery days from that and back on his rehab schedule. I don't think there's anything imminent. I think we're going to have to let a few more weeks go by before we can see if there's a point in time that we can see he's coming back. It's not day-to-day right now by any means."
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...reds/13188425/

We'll see if this thread can stay on track a little bit better.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Votto Continuing Treatment

What is this, some sort of actual update?

And I'm starting to think Votto is not coming back this season. Phillips is ahead of schedule, from what the said during the game tonight. They really have to find a replacement for Votto, then.

at this point have them both sit out, this team even if it were by a miracle make the playoffs isnt winning anything. Try and trade Simon or Broxton for some HITTERS

Again, what was JV's horrific injury this time? I just hope he's able to walk normally some day...

Have they tried gamma rays yet? A little Hulk smash would really help right now.

7. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (07-26-2014)

A co-worker of mine has had that platelet injection and he said it's not a lot of fun.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

This injury continues to sound nothing like a quad strain. It sounds more like the team is covering up a major knee surgery. I would not be surprised to hear this off season that Joey requires micro fracture surgery and will be out all of 2015 . Then it would be official that he would never be the same.

10. Likes:

joshua (07-26-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by steig View Post
    This injury continues to sound nothing like a quad strain. It sounds more like the team is covering up a major knee surgery. I would not be surprised to hear this off season that Joey requires micro fracture surgery and will be out all of 2015 . Then it would be official that he would never be the same.
    Greg Oden? Noooooo
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

What would be the reason for the coverup?

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    National security

14. Likes:

pahster (07-26-2014)

I think it has something to do with Benghazi.

16. Likes:

pahster (07-26-2014)

Panic in the streets of Cincy

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Again, what was JV's horrific injury this time? I just hope he's able to walk normally some day...
    How much research have you done on quad injuries? I'd like a written report by the end of the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    You should change your username, maybe
    Grete Samsa might be more apt

why? I donīt get how so many users think this has nothing to do with his quad and that he isnīt doing "well" while still missing lots of time..

Iīm not a doc and I have no idea how long someone is out with a quad strain => I googled it and pretty quick I found out that most times those strains arenīt severe and only take 10 days, some ice and rest and thatīs it. but there are more severe strains that lasts up to 6 weeks. really severe strains lasts 3 months + and it requires medical treatment..

=> it isnīt that unrealistic that he misses the rest of the season while still healing better than expected. Those timeframes are obviously not for great athletes (should take a bit less time) but even if they are healty in 75% of the expected time they are not mlb ready. they have to grow the muscles back up, taking grounders, batting practice etc..
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

21. Likes:

kbrake (07-26-2014)

Turn Off Ads?