Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Votto Continuing Treatment

Re: Votto Continuing Treatment

^^That's an update. Telling me he's having platelet injections and not telling me how he's doing is not an update. Just so that's clear.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I feel we have seen that last of the great power Votto. He we always win the mind games at the plate, but he just has too many problems with that knee. That will lead to ankle and foot problems down the road. We need to be looking for his replacement at 1st, or one at 3rd and keep Todd at first. I love Votto, I'm just not looking at it with blinders on.

Quote Originally Posted by KC2135 View Post
    That will lead to ankle and foot problems down the road. We need to be looking for his replacement at 1st, or one at 3rd and keep Todd at first. I love Votto, I'm just not looking at it with blinders on.
    Since he would be untradeable, does Votto become our full-time DH vs. AL teams, and the #1 lefty bat off the bench @ 20m+ (coming soon) per?
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm Chortleton View Post
    Some of you just aren't cut out to follow baseball. You can't live and die second-guessing every decision for 162 games

"Joey Votto is not dead."

Paul McCartney

6. Likes:

BoxingRed (08-10-2014),dwyerbrg (08-11-2014),Larkin Fan (08-10-2014),redsfanmia (08-10-2014)

We need to start campaigning MLB to the DH in both leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by steig View Post
    No we do not

9. Likes:

Always Red (08-11-2014),alwaysawarrior (08-11-2014),Big Klu (08-11-2014),CoachBombay (08-11-2014),Edd Roush (08-11-2014),JaxRed (08-11-2014),Larkin Fan (08-10-2014),RED VAN HOT (08-15-2014),Tom Servo (08-10-2014),villain612 (08-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by steig View Post
    Found this opinion piece after I read your post....I'd rather they add the DH to the NL than ban shifts (like some have proposed)

DH in the NL

"There is no way the Major League Baseball Players Association will ever agree to rescind the DH rule in the American League because that will make some of their older, less mobile members lose their jobs. From their standpoint, it makes more sense to simply add the DH rule to the National League. Then instead of players losing their jobs, more players in the twilight of their careers can keep the gig going for a few more years in the NL."

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the DH from a strategy standpoint, but MLB has a history of tinkering with rules to add to the offensive side of the game to keep butts in the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatlessp View Post
    Found this opinion piece after I read your post....I'd rather they add the DH to the NL than ban shifts (like some have proposed)

DH in the NL

"There is no way the Major League Baseball Players Association will ever agree to rescind the DH rule in the American League because that will make some of their older, less mobile members lose their jobs. From their standpoint, it makes more sense to simply add the DH rule to the National League. Then instead of players losing their jobs, more players in the twilight of their careers can keep the gig going for a few more years in the NL."

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the DH from a strategy standpoint, but MLB has a history of tinkering with rules to add to the offensive side of the game to keep butts in the seats.
    Ahhh yes the BS that kept Killebrew around to be a Royal, Frank Howard a Tiger, Hank Aaron a Brewer, Orlando Cepeda a Red Sox and Billy Williams an A's DH..

Joyful stuff really, just joyful

Don't they have bionic, artificial knees by now? Slap one in and get him out there. This is 2014.

What good would a new knee do him when the issue is muscle related?

14. Likes:

Always Red (08-11-2014),villain612 (08-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Ahhh yes the BS that kept Killebrew around to be a Royal, Frank Howard a Tiger, Hank Aaron a Brewer, Orlando Cepeda a Red Sox and Billy Williams an A's DH..

Joyful stuff really, just joyful
    And Paul Molitor, Dave Winfield, Reggie Jackson, Edgar Martinez, David Ortiz, Harold Baines...

The DH has kept several quality hitters on the field. It hasn't just been broken down, over the hill sluggers.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

I really don't like the DH and what it's done to the game. Just my personal opinion.

The DH is here to stay.

My personal feelings aside, I'd rather all the teams play by the same set of rules.

17. Likes:

Slyder (08-25-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I really don't like the DH and what it's done to the game. Just my personal opinion.

The DH is here to stay.

My personal feelings aside, I'd rather all the teams play by the same set of rules.
    I agree with this. The DH is here to stay. I'd like to see both leagues playing by the same rules. I don't like how it changes the World Series by having both teams having to play by rules they didn't have to during the regular season.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I really don't like the DH and what it's done to the game.
    I agree, watching professional hitters bat opposed to pitchers flailing away is so boring. I prefer watching athletes do something poorly opposed to athletes that know what they are doing.

20. Likes:

LoganBuck (08-11-2014)

I had a close family member pitch in the National League. I wish he had the DH. It would have saved him alot of pain and embarrassment.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Turn Off Ads?