Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940

Thread: Votto Continuing Treatment

Re: Votto Continuing Treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin Fan View Post
    Unless they have an MD or DO beside their name, I don't give a rat's behind what they have to say about a medical issue.
    It would stand to reason that high-ranking FO people would be basing their opinions on what they are told by Reds doctors and trainers. If not, this organization has bigger problems than anyone can imagine.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Didn't Kremcheck say when Votto was initially injured and had the MRI instead of going on the road trip to Philadelphia, that the knee was in perfect condition and the injury was a quad strain that he believed wouldn't hold him out very long at all? At this point didn't the Reds wait to DL Votto thinking he might just need a few days rest and then after almost 10 days of not playing they placed him on the DL? Am I wrong in how I am remembering the series of events? I can't say I'm surprised that there is turmoil with how this has all played out if that timeline is correct.

4. Likes:

Dom Heffner (10-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Didn't Kremcheck say when Votto was initially injured and had the MRI instead of going on the road trip to Philadelphia, that the knee was in perfect condition and the injury was a quad strain that he believed wouldn't hold him out very long at all? At this point didn't the Reds wait to DL Votto thinking he might just need a few days rest and then after almost 10 days of not playing they placed him on the DL? Am I wrong in how I am remembering the series of events? I can't say I'm surprised that there is turmoil with how this has all played out if that timeline is correct.
    You're not allowed to question Kremchek unless you're a doctor. Sheesh man, what in the world are you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    You're not allowed to question Kremchek unless you're a doctor. Sheesh man, what in the world are you thinking?
    I'm not really questioning Kremchek. All the rumors and hearsay don't seem to be dealing with the Doc.

Since I still have no idea what anyone is "debating" in this thread, I'll post a stupid image.

I fervently hope Joey comes back 100% next spring and will all be viewed as an unfortunate episode and Votto has a great year.

Because if he is all gimpy next spring, the content of this thread will be mild in comparison with what will get written then. I, for one, do not look forward to that.
    Last edited by Roy Tucker; 10-01-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

9. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (10-02-2014)

For what it's worth, Jocketty was on the radio, and said that the earliest Votto could have come back was the last week to 10 days of the season, and that didn't make much sense for anyone, with where the team stood at that point.

Also, Kremchek had said that the team could hope to get Votto back during the stretch run. Meaning sometime in September.

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    For what it's worth, Jocketty was on the radio, and said that the earliest Votto could have come back was the last week to 10 days of the season, and that didn't make much sense for anyone, with where the team stood at that point.

Also, Kremchek had said that the team could hope to get Votto back during the stretch run. Meaning sometime in September.

That is what Kremchek said after the first attempt to come back went so poorly but I'm almost positive after the initial MRI in May Kremcheck was saying that he thought there was a chance that Votto wouldn't even need to go onto the DL. Then some how the entire season was gone. I understand why people are questioning things.

That is what Kremchek said after the first attempt to come back went so poorly but I'm almost positive after the initial MRI in May Kremcheck was saying that he thought there was a chance that Votto wouldn't even need to go onto the DL. Then some how the entire season was gone. I understand why people are questioning things.
    Because medical prognoses aren't 100% accurate all the time?

13. Likes:

Larkin Fan (10-01-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Because medical prognoses aren't 100% accurate all the time?
    Just seems like a pretty big miss and it was never really addressed as that. I don't expect anyone to be perfect but if they missed on the original diagnosis by that much I would think we would have heard them address it at some point.

Just seems like a pretty big miss and it was never really addressed as that. I don't expect anyone to be perfect but if they missed on the original diagnosis by that much I would think we would have heard them address it at some point.
    It's old hat with this organization. They're not going to address it when they make medical blunders (like when Kremchek cleared Griffey to pinch hit for a full month when he could barely walk). Do you really think the Reds would come out and say "We messed up by bringing Votto back too soon this year" even if that's true?

And I don't even know if Votto was brought back too soon this year. What I'm saying is that if he was, the Reds would never admit it.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

If I say my knee is hurting and they examine my knee, but it was actually a muscle above my knee, the knee is going to look fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    If I say my knee is hurting and they examine my knee, but it was actually a muscle above my knee, the knee is going to look fine.
    Yeah I understand that. The disconnect is why this went from day to day to almost the entire season. The Reds and Votto don't have to explain anything I guess but it just leads to speculation. And if the quad is the injury which I've thought all along it was the organization needs to get on the same page and refer to it as a quad injury. Walt Jocketty was on 1530 with Mo Egger yesterday and referred to it as a Votto needing to get his knee healthy.

It does seem with these some what shady alliances between professional sports teams and official medical groups that one never gets a straight answer. I wish the AMA would speak out about these business arrangements where medical groups pay several 100K to be the official team medical group of the pro sports team. It really causes a complete conflict of interest between the team, the player, and the doctor, and it seems when things go badly no one ever tells the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    I would never dream of questioning Kremchek. What's the use of questioning someone who doesn't have the first clue?

Turn Off Ads?