Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: if I owned the team.....

Worth The Wait

Re: if I owned the team.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Missing something here. This is the same team as we had in 2012/2013 except we added the probable ROY out in CF. So how come the last two years were "great opportunities" but this team needs to be "significantly retooled". Its pretty much the same team.
    Just because you have the same players doesn't mean you have the same team. And while Hamilton is having a fine year he represents a downgrade from Choo. Now, I was in total favor of letting Choo walk, because again, I thought he had a window there and we had him and then it closed. Lots of guys like Ludwick, Lecure, Parra, Hoover, etc may have very well had their best years in 2012-2013 and there is no guarantee they will regain that form. We had a number of players all clicking in unison and it's hard to recapture that especially in older players or marginal talents.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'd give away free beer at games if the team fell out of contention.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Twerkers.

If I owned the reds, I'd make my manager make in game decisions based upon polls on reds zone.

I'd also hire that jojo fellow as a special consultant- his posts are a must read.

Also, since he is already overlord of the universe, it's mostly just a meaningless title, but I'd make Raisor overlord of GABP.
    Last edited by jojo; 07-26-2014 at 10:35 AM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

6. Likes:

Hillsdale87 (07-26-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I'd give away free beer at games if the team fell out of contention.
    No. You give way free salted peanuts so people buy more beer.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Here's an idea a long time coming..... Water cannons in the stands. In stead of the cheerleaders shooting stuff at fans, the fans can shoot at the cheerleaders.

9. Likes:

_Sir_Charles_ (07-26-2014)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    firstly does Bruce have options? (tongue loosely in cheek) I'd at least like to see him fling his helmet or maybe break a few knuckles on the tunnel wall
    I actually DID see this a few days ago. When he got back to the dugout he slammed his helmet into the helmet rack. Clearly frustrated and pissed. I also saw Frazier incredibly pissed at himself this past week too after missing a perfect pitch for him. Slammed his helmet down and dropped SEVERAL f-bombs. There IS passion there guys, we just don't see the fire until it's at a steady boil it seems.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

If I owned the Reds...I'd probably pay off my mortgage. After that, everything is gravy. Even bad baseball is still baseball. And that's a good thing.

12. Likes:

CySeymour (07-26-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by JMO View Post
    Its not hindsight. We took a chance on Chapman and Iglesias, why not Puig or Cespedes? You think they didn't know they were uber talented? They just didn't want them. That's crazy. Duke was Marshall insurance and this past winter I said the Reds should sign BOTH Reynolds and Duke. Same with Gregorius. Who liked the Ludwick deal? Who liked the Hannahan deal? Who liked giving Votto 225 M?
    Gregorius was part of the Choo deal. What's your point with him?

As far as Puig and Cespedes, just because the Reds were interested doesn't mean they automatically got to sign them. It isn't that easy.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Turn Off Ads?