Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2014 trade deadline thread

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: July 2014 trade deadline thread

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    Lester not starting tomorrow.. Rumor its the Pirates making th trade.. now if they get Lester and the Cardinals get Hamels or Price, which means the Brewers WILL do something, how can Walt qnd Bob look at the Reds fans and say they wont do anything? ONLY 5 games back
    If what you say above happens, then I hope the Reds don't waste prospects on a hopeful playoff run. If the above happens ALL 3 teams are significantly better than the Reds, I hate to say it. I'm not saying sell, but if the above happens we shouldn't be buyers either. JMHO

2. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (07-30-2014),REDREAD (07-30-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Hopefully the Cards give up Carlos Martinez and Kolten Wong at least to get lester. They know they are close to another WS run.

The reds know they are not, but Bob C would rather stand pat then make even a small fire sale and look towards next year.

I would rather the Cards get Lester, Burnett or Price, shorter term buys, than Hamels. Hamels would suck for the Reds.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Hopefully the Cards give up Carlos Martinez and Kolten Wong at least to get lester. They know they are close to another WS run.

The reds know they are not, but Bob C would rather stand pat then make even a small fire sale and look towards next year.
    It's not going to take a package like Carlos Martinez AND Kolten Wong to get 2 months of Lester

7. Likes:

powersackers (07-30-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It's not going to take a package like Carlos Martinez AND Kolten Wong to get 2 months of Lester
    Let me dream! Let me dream of a world where the Cardinals and Pirates gut their farm to get at that precious ring.

9. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (07-30-2014)

John Fay ‏@johnfayman 26 Sek.

Price see the #Reds as buyers at the deadline. Story will be posted shortly
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Get scared.....
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

They won't do anything. By positioning themselves as buyers it allows them to maintain the optimistic image of the club as contender while attributing inaction at the deadline to market conditions.

I'm not sure how I feel about it but that's the impression I get.

I have the feeling that walt might want to be active during his last trade deadline before the contract comes to an end... hope he won´t pay to much for someone
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Bob C does not want to be perceived as giving up and selling. More concerned about that seems very shortsighted to me and not helping him and his team at all.

According to pythag, this Reds team is still right in that clump of teams just outside the wild card game. I don't blame standing pat or even upgrading the bullpen and bench.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Alex Rios will be traded for

IMO the Reds should make moves in order to get into the 1 game playoff. Granted time is of the essence, but if they can get someone to give them a boost now then the prospects of having Votto and Phillips back at some point gives the Reds a shot.

Will a guy like Rios be enough? I have no idea, but it sure would send a message to everyone that the Reds are focused on winning. It would also take some pressure off of Frazier, Mesoraco, Hamilton, and Bruce who have been forced to carry the offense for the past two weeks, miserably I may add.

After thinking about this for a couple minutes, this is simply a PR move. Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    According to pythag, this Reds team is still right in that clump of teams just outside the wild card game. I don't blame standing pat or even upgrading the bullpen and bench.
    As bad as the team has played since the AS break, that second wild card game keeps teams in it. For better or worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

Turn Off Ads?